Hometalk.com

03.10.14

Rewiring a Vintage Floor Lamp

I bought this vintage floor lamp and I just adore the whole thing. I know I will need to rewire it. Do they have new light sockets with the pull chains to look old? I haven't tried to plug it in should I rewire anyway?

To see more: http://myeclecticloft.blogspot.com/

10 Comments Displaying 10 of 10 comments
  • Ron Louisville, OH
    Hey neighbor...

Yes you should rewire the light because I would assume your wire is frail and in rough shape not worth house fire... There

• Ron Louisville, OH
    Sorry its Louisville Ohio by canton the name of the place is R and K electric
  • Nancy Dean Davis Circleville, OH
    Thank you so much. I thought so but wanted to ask because I love the way it is.
  • Sia@South 47th Sacramento, CA
    Beautiful Find! Please do rewire and yes they sell reproductions that will match your lamp. xox
  • Linda B Crescent City, CA
    I have one that was my fathers. I am hopeing to rewire soon.
  • Nancy Dean Davis Circleville, OH
    I just had to have it when I laid my eyes on it. Of course just like all the other junk (love) it called my name. lol
  • Mary Hill Los Lunas, NM
    Please rewire the wonderful find and let us know how you did it.
  • Adrianne C Defuniak Springs, FL
    Rewiring a lamp is a great learning lesson! Not really difficult either. That one would be awesome to redo! But don't plug it in until it's been rewired!
  • Jim L Columbia, SC
    What a great lamp! Please, take it to a professional who will rewire it and replace the sockets with new ones in an "antique brass/bronze" finish. The shop will be able to do the job properly...do not gamble! Most probably, the shop will have shades that
  • Diane Arnold Klamath Falls, OR
    It's not a hard job, but if you're not a DIY have it done. Have done many myself, but yes don't take a chance be safe.
  • Likes

Carol L Alice Professional Interior Designer Donn Nancy Dean Davis Valerie Vicki Linda Losapio Nusum Mary Swanson Petticoat Junktion