Potting Bench

Old Doors Yesterday

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
When we replaced the old front door on our 100 year old home, I couldn't bring myself to throw the old one away. This is how we transformed it into a potting bench with repurposed lumber and few new bits and pieces.

• The sink is the original one from the kitchen in the house, salvaged from the cellar.
  • The shelf is a $3 thrift store find.
  • The door knob plates from the old door.
  • The other plate.
  • A couple of clearanced hooks from Hobby Lobby.
  • I installed wire mesh into the window space and added this cross section so I would have a place to mount an old rake head for a tool rack.
  • The bench is in heavy use already.
  • Barbjones54
    barbjones54 Charlottesville, VA
    I have this same sink. This is what I want to do with mine. Did you have plans to go by?
    • Lori Jackson
      Lori Jackson Broken Bow, NE
      Barbjones54 No plans. I sketched and worked on the door while my huband buit the bench itself. Then we joined the pieces and dropped in the sink.
  • Nancy
    Nancy Reed City, MI
    This is a wonderful idea. Gotta go look through our garage for old stuff.
  • Barbara
    Barbara Lomita, CA
    I love this! The best part of this is the vintage sink you discovered! It's great to turn the vintage things and repurpose them into useful items again. Great job!
  • Lainie Takawe
    Lainie Takawe New Zealand
    I've seen loads of doors turned into potting benches but never with a sink. Looks fabulous.
  • Leah Aaron
    Leah Aaron New Buffalo, MI
    But where did you find that old sink ?? I'd like to install one of those oldies in my utility room for dog bathing . Your bench is also to die for. Hating potting on my knees
Lori J

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post