$4 Mason Jar Light Fixture Update

lighting make over 15 hours ago
I'm in the middle of a bathroom makeover with a mere $100 budget. I spent just $3.87 to update my light fixture by swapping out the dated glass globes with mason jars. The easy 15 minute tutorial is on my blog at Two It Yourself.

To see more: http://twoityourself.blogspot.com/2013/08/diy-mason-jar-light-fixture-on-cheap.html

• Camilla Hudson
    Camilla Hudson Rockingham, NC
    I think this idea would also work when remodeling a kitchen into a country kitchen. If you have a bar with overhead lights, they would look good over the bar.
  • Diane Kinnaird
    Diane Kinnaird South Vienna, OH
    Perfect....have the exact light fixture in my bathroom w/ 4 lights...doing this as it is a country bath...thank you!
  • Melissa @ Two It Yourself
    Diane Kinnaird I get more compliments on that little light fixture than anything else in the bathroom :) I'm sure it will look great in your country bath
  • Gregjoemomma
    Melissa @ Two It Yourself Brilliant! Thanks for sharing. I am totally going to do this!
  • Christine
    Christine Lake Charles, LA
    I am building a house.....the in side will be farm house/western the lights are a must thanks
  • Mark Verrico
    Mark Verrico Montoursville, PA
    What makes the lid not slide off? Would love to try this!!
  • Holly
    Holly Canada
    I love this, and I'm going to do it out in my sunroom! Thanks for the idea!
  • Sharon Jean
    Sharon Jean Middleburg, FL
    Would you put holes in the mason jar due to the heat? How would you do this without breaking the mason jars?
  • Debra Embury
    Debra Embury Nauvoo, AL
    Sharon, you make holes in the lid of the mason jar.
  • Debra Embury
    Debra Embury Nauvoo, AL
    We did this over our bar. It looks fabulous!
  • Alana Curry
    Alana Curry Aylett, VA
    I have out house stuff for my bathroom.I have white wainscoating around bottom of walls that is white.....its a beach theme now ideas? hope i find my way back here lol
  • Jennifer Taylor
    Jennifer Taylor Olive Branch, MS
    I'm not understading where the lid ( and screw part of lid) are attached/installed so you can attach jar?
  • Danelle T
    Danelle T Ashland, WI
    Follow the link to her page to find out how it's done.

I want to use mason jars out on my porch but I have to find the perfect light fixtures. Love the

• Green.tree
    To avoid the heat problems use those energy saving bulbs that stay cool.
  • Patsy mullins
    patsy mullins Church Hill, TN
    I love this !
Melissa @ Two It Yourself