Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

Etched Glass Snowflake Lamp~ Holiday Design Challenge

I'm so thrilled to be part of the Hometalk and Lamps Plus 2013 Holiday Design Challenge! I was given this simple glass fillable lamp and decided to celebrate winter with a "Let it Snow" theme. Using etching glass cream and stencils, I placed random snowflakes all over the glass base to create the effect of falling snow. The base of the lamp opens for filling and I poured in an entire bag of "faux" snow, closed up the base and then shook the lamp so that some of the snowflakes would stick to the side and the rest would pile on the bottom. A large snowflake stencil was used on the shade and traced with a silver leaf pen for added sparkle. I absolutely love how this turned out! It was so much fun to be apart of this challenge and whether or not I win the grand prize I feel like I've already won since I now have this beautiful lamp for the holidays! ~Vanessa

To see more: http://www.atthepicketfence.com/2013/08/etched-glass-snowflake-lamp.html

10 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 10 of 10 comments
At The Picket Fence

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing