Hometalk.com

Awesome Remodels 03.07.14

Etched Glass Snowflake Lamp~ Holiday Design Challenge

I'm so thrilled to be part of the Hometalk and Lamps Plus 2013 Holiday Design Challenge! I was given this simple glass fillable lamp and decided to celebrate winter with a "Let it Snow" theme. Using etching glass cream and stencils, I placed random snowflakes all over the glass base to create the effect of falling snow. The base of the lamp opens for filling and I poured in an entire bag of "faux" snow, closed up the base and then shook the lamp so that some of the snowflakes would stick to the side and the rest would pile on the bottom. A large snowflake stencil was used on the shade and traced with a silver leaf pen for added sparkle. I absolutely love how this turned out! It was so much fun to be apart of this challenge and whether or not I win the grand prize I feel like I've already won since I now have this beautiful lamp for the holidays! ~Vanessa

To see more: http://www.atthepicketfence.com/2013/08/etched-glass-snowflake-lamp.html

10 Comments Displaying 10 of 10 comments
  • Miriam I New York, NY
    Oh my goodness, these projects keep getting better and better! This is brilliant!
  • I love this!!! Total transformation!
  • You did a beautiful job on that glass! LOVE IT!
  • This is so gorgeous! Beautiful job!
  • Lamps Plus Chatsworth, CA
    Such a unique approach to the glass! The etched snowflakes are a lovely touch.
  • I was just thinking how pretty etched glass would look with this lamp. So fun to see it done up with snowflakes!
  • Love the snow winter wonderland effect!
  • Dria @ Dio Marlborough, MA
    You did a fantastic job on this, I love it!!