Vintage Potion and Spell Jars for Halloween

Fall 10.29.14
This Halloween project was inspired by a set of hauntingly gorgeous vintage labels created by Karen - The Graphics Fairy. I had fun crafting something vintage-looking and a bit gothic using recycled jelly jars! Click on the link to my blog post to get the complete steps on how I made these and for an easy link to Karen's labels too! #TrickorTreat
These jars have labels on both the fronts and the backs. I added elegant trims and plastic spiders!
I started with some empty jelly jars we were about to recycle.
The jars look like they are covered in soot . . .
. . . which was created by sponging on black paint.
After decoupaging on the vintage-styled printables from The Graphics Fairy, I glued on some twine and vintage-style tassel trim around the top.
At night, the battery-operated tealights inside each jar flicker, creating a spooky look in our windows! You can see the supplies list and tutorial with step-by-step images in the blog link below!

To see more: http://www.petscribbles.com/2012/10/vintage-potion-and-spell-jars-for.html

Laura, Pet Scribbles