Vintage Potion and Spell Jars for Halloween

HALLOWEEN 11.11.15

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
This Halloween project was inspired by a set of hauntingly gorgeous vintage labels created by Karen - The Graphics Fairy. I had fun crafting something vintage-looking and a bit gothic using recycled jelly jars! Click on the link to my blog post to get the complete steps on how I made these and for an easy link to Karen's labels too! #TrickorTreat
These jars have labels on both the fronts and the backs. I added elegant trims and plastic spiders!
I started with some empty jelly jars we were about to recycle.
The jars look like they are covered in soot . . .
. . . which was created by sponging on black paint.
After decoupaging on the vintage-styled printables from The Graphics Fairy, I glued on some twine and vintage-style tassel trim around the top.
At night, the battery-operated tealights inside each jar flicker, creating a spooky look in our windows! You can see the supplies list and tutorial with step-by-step images in the blog link below!

To see more:

Laura, Pet Scribbles

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post