Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

DIY Cabinet Makeover: From Danish Modern to "Antique" Chinese

11.02.14
We had an old cabinet in the dining room that I was ready to put to the curb. It got rickety and the doors were always crooked. And it was boring looking! I'd always wanted an antique Chinese cabinet in that spot. Well, instead of leaving the cabinet out for dumpster divers, I gave it a makeover into the "antique" Chinese cabinet I always wanted! It was painted with milk paint, Chinese hardware was installed and I applied a Chinese wallpaper print to the doors. All details about the makeover, and sources of supplies, are on my blog.

To see more: http://indiapiedaterre.com/2013/08/30/diy-cabinet-makeover-from-danish-modern-to-antique-chinese/

9 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 9 of 9 comments
  • Evelia Sowash
    Evelia Sowash Dayton, OH
    Love the Riesling comment!
  • Teri
    Teri Creswell, OR
    I find that Riesling goes with most any paint! ;)
  • Jennifer G
    Jennifer G Clifton, CO
    I have a weakness for Asian furniture - I actually bought 3 pieces off eBay 10+ years ago that shipped from China. They are true antiques (built in the late1700's) and are VERY fragile. I LOVE what you did with your Danish piece and now I want to try it :)
    • Deb @ Nomadic Decorator
      Deb @ Nomadic Decorator Lake Zurich, IL
      Jennifer G Oh my goodness, I bet your antique Chinese furniture is gorgeous! I have a big weakness too. We have a burlwood Chinese cabinet, and antique tansu too. But I want more than I can afford!
  • LB
    LB Apopka, FL
    Good save.... I love the hardware.
  • Wolfe Art
    Wolfe Art Saltville, VA
    How hard was it to find the hardware? Very charming, btw!!!
  • SK Sartell, Pro
    SK Sartell, Pro Salem, OR
    How fun is this? Thanks for sharing. sk
Deb @ Nomadic Decorator

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing