Hometalk.com

DIY Cabinet Makeover: From Danish Modern to "Antique" Chinese

We had an old cabinet in the dining room that I was ready to put to the curb. It got rickety and the doors were always crooked. And it was boring looking! I'd always wanted an antique Chinese cabinet in that spot. Well, instead of leaving the cabinet out for dumpster divers, I gave it a makeover into the "antique" Chinese cabinet I always wanted! It was painted with milk paint, Chinese hardware was installed and I applied a Chinese wallpaper print to the doors. All details about the makeover, and sources of supplies, are on my blog.

To see more: http://indiapiedaterre.com/2013/08/30/diy-cabinet-makeover-from-danish-modern-to-antique-chinese/

4 Comments Displaying 4 of 4 comments
  • Evelia Sowash Dayton, OH
    Love the Riesling comment!
  • Teri Creswell, OR
    I find that Riesling goes with most any paint! ;)
  • Jennifer G Clifton, CO
    I have a weakness for Asian furniture - I actually bought 3 pieces off eBay 10+ years ago that shipped from China. They are true antiques (built in the late1700's) and are VERY fragile. I LOVE what you did with your Danish piece and now I want to try it :)
  • LB Apopka, FL
    Good save.... I love the hardware.
  • Likes

L.E. & Company Carol L Lisa Bauer Leanne Photokricket Marlene Wilson Karen Mortimore Evelia Sowash GranArt by Beth Gilliam Mak Meyers TJ