I saw a bowl made with autumn leaves using Modge Podge - how to make

Need to know what to mold the leaves to & if I can use fake leaves
  • Therese C
    Therese C Greenfield, IA
    You can use fake or silk leaves. To shape them I would suggest turning a bowl upside down and dipping the first layer in the Modge Podge glue, then gently pressing them to the bowl to shape the entire structure, one layer at a time. Once dry you should
    • PK
      PK West Point, CA
      Therese C I've seen these made in two different ways. One, the crafter lined the outside of the bowl with plastic wrap, and applied the leaves to it on the bowl, with mod podge.
  • Peggy Holbrook
    Peggy Holbrook Milan, TN
    Many thanks Therese - I had thought about the balloon but glass bowl is a good idea.
  • Therese C
    Therese C Greenfield, IA
    Glad to help!
  • Mary Insana
    Mary Insana Pittsburgh, PA
    Don't you think the modge podge would make the leaves stick to the glass bowl ? Maybe cover the outside of the bowl with plastic wrap or foil to help the leaves to not stick to the bowl
  • Marcia
    Marcia Palm Bay, FL
    Tried a failed miserably. The leaves did not stay on no matter what I tried. It's really pretty wish I had succeeded.
    • PK
      PK West Point, CA
      Marcia, I think that if you have two bowls that are relatively the same size or one is just a little larger, this may work. Turn the smaller bowl over and cover the outside of it with
Peggy Holbrook
Thank you {% auth.user().name %} for answering this question & helping the community!
Here are some more recent questions

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post