18 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 17 of 18 comments | See Previous
  • Tammy H
    Tammy H Corona, CA
    Thanks Alexandra...
  • Taylor
    Taylor Chaseburg, WI
    Good idea but how do you know it works
  • Margaret LaRose
    Margaret LaRose Lincoln, MO
    I have been doing this for some time. Your sponge will not smell soured anymore.
  • Marti  K
    Marti K Boulder, CO
    If that's what happens to sponges.......imagine what happens to your food, germs and all!!
  • Rose M
    Rose M Joppa, MD
    Microwaving your sponge for 2 minutes kills most bacteria but I microwave mine for 4 minutes and that kills all bacteria...
  • Janet Taylor
    I've heard of putting them in the dishwasher as well. I also like to put the sink stoppers thru the dishwasher. It takes off all that gunk built up on the rubber seal.
    • Tamara
      Tamara Northbrook, IL
      Janet Taylor I used to do this as well, until the dishwasher repair man explained that it is a horrible idea. It holds too much hot water, keeps too much moisture in the
  • Tammy H
    Tammy H Corona, CA
    I use to do the dishwasher but I like this one because it is faster...I am differently gong to do the sink stopper in dishwasher thanks for the tip :)
  • Karan F
    Karan F Glenwood, MO
    Tammy I have been using the dishwasher to clean my sponges, brushes and scrubbers too :) I also put bleach in at the start of the wash cycle.. :) Extra Clean dishwasher as well :) Yes Thanks Janet for the drain stopper tip
    • Tamara
      Tamara Northbrook, IL
      Karan F I used to do this as well, until the dishwasher repair man explained that it is a horrible idea. It holds too much hot water, keeps too much moisture in the dishwasher and
  • Tammy H
    Tammy H Corona, CA
    Great idea Thanks!!!
  • Carol Brown
    Carol Brown Azle, TX
    I have been doing this for a couple of years.
  • Tammy H
    Tammy H Corona, CA
    Been doing for a long time here too...I just thought I would share since I was doing it at the time....:)
  • Kelli Magnus
    I always microwave my sponges. Put em in a micro safe dish and boil away :) Nice and fresh
  • Barbara Sherman
    Barbara Sherman Orlando, FL
    Throw them away after a week. they are cheap enough to buy in the dollar store
  • Tammy H
    Tammy H Corona, CA
    Yes the are cheap enough but honestly only takes a few minutes to clean, plus why waste the gas and time for one sponge.
  • Carla
    Carla Griffin, GA
    The mesh strainer for the kitchen drain, bathtub stopper & vegetable brush needs to go in the dishwasher, as well as the sink stoppers & scrub brushes.
Tammy H

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing