Make Your Own Daily Shower Cleaner Spray

02.23.15
This homemade daily shower cleaner spray is quickly becoming one of my favorite homemade cleaners. I've been using it for several months now and it's been working great!

We have a tub/shower area that has ceramic tile on the walls and has a small glass block window. Over the years that glass block window has been a big frustration to me because it always look dirty with water spots. This homemade cleaner has been the best thing so far on that window and has really kept water spots from forming. I've also found that the ceramic tile can be cleaned super quickly now with a spritz of my vinegar/water cleaner because once again, mineral spots are not building up.

I don't have a shower with glass doors to try this on, but I think it would work well on that type of shower too based on the positive experience I've had with it so far.

This spray is a mixture of water, hydrogen peroxide, rubbing alcohol, dish soap,and a dishwasher rinse aid. (You can click the link below to read more and get the complete recipe). After you take a shower, you just spray the mixture on the walls of the shower area the same

Time: 5 Minutes Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://www.themakeyourownzone.com/2013/07/homemade-daily-shower-cleaner-spray.html

• Alexandra Arena
    Alexandra Arena Forest Hills, NY
    This is such an awesome recipe, Bev!
  • Christine
    Christine Upper Marlboro, MD
    Just going back through old Hometalks and came across your post. You talk about mineral spots, but have you seen any effect on soap film (I can't say "scum"!) on ceramic tile?
  • Bev @ The Make Your Own Zone
    I've never really had much of a problem with soap scum on my ceramic tile. I think it's because in that shower only liquid soaps are used. I've heard that bar soaps create more soap scum and I tend to believe that based on my experience. That being said,
    • Christine
      Christine Upper Marlboro, MD
      Bev @ The Make Your Own Zone Hmmm. I use bar soap, but I have a huge walk-in shower where I think it's actually shampoo splashing from me washing long hair. I can't
  • Linda Jowers
    I have been using the vinegar/Dawn/water mix in a handle/scrubber & it seemed to work fine on regular wall tile & maufactured marble tub. This finish really accumulated soap scum, especially under the soap dish holding regular bar soap. Due to plumbing
    • Sherrie
      Sherrie Nixa, MO
      Linda Jowers You can use cheap shampoo or dish soap that is PH Balanced like Ivory. I don't know if I would use vinegar because it is a acid. Google the Manufacture and cleaning
  • Victoria D
    Victoria D Miami, FL
    No problem with mixing those chemicals together I gather.
    • Bev @ The Make Your Own Zone
      Victoria D The ingredients in this daily shower spray mix together fine with no problems. Perhaps the one thing to be mindful of is that hydrogen peroxide can break down in the
  • Linda Jowers
    @30 results are available, use up and down arrow keys to navigate.SherrieI will do this, because most of the things in the paperwork NOT to use were the stronger commercial cleaners - not what TO use. I will call to get more details on what can be used.
  • Andrea Reed
    Andrea Reed Coal Township, PA
    What's the best way to keep your drains clean, from hair and everything, thanks...love your ideas...
    • Bev @ The Make Your Own Zone
      Andrea Reed I wish I knew a good homemade way to keep drains clean! The usual advice is to use vinegar and baking soda. I tried that and it really didn't do anything at all. That
  • Andrea Reed
    Andrea Reed Coal Township, PA
    Thanks Bev, I've been doing that but it hasent done anything for my drains......any other solutions
Bev @ The Make Your Own Zone