Make Your Own Daily Shower Cleaner Spray | Hometalk
15K views

Make Your Own Daily Shower Cleaner Spray

Home on May 24, 2016
15K views
This homemade daily shower cleaner spray is quickly becoming one of my favorite homemade cleaners. I've been using it for several months now and it's been working great!
We have a tub/shower area that has ceramic tile on the walls and has a small glass block window. Over the years that glass block window has been a big frustration to me because it always look dirty with water spots. This homemade cleaner has been the best thing so far on that window and has really kept water spots from forming. I've also found that the ceramic tile can be cleaned super quickly now with a spritz of my vinegar/water cleaner because once again, mineral spots are not building up.
I don't have a shower with glass doors to try this on, but I think it would work well on that type of shower too based on the positive experience I've had with it so far.
This spray is a mixture of water, hydrogen peroxide, rubbing alcohol, dish soap,and a dishwasher rinse aid. (You can click the link below to read more and
Time: 5 Minutes Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://www.themakeyourownzone.com/2013/07/homemade-daily-shower-cleaner-spray.html

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!
13 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 8  of  13 | See Previous
  • Linda Jowers
    Linda Jowers Southaven, MS

I have been using the vinegar/Dawn/water mix in a handle/scrubber & it seemed to work fine on regular wall tile & maufactured marble tub. This finish really accumulated soap scum, especially under the soap dish holding regular bar soap. Due to

• Sherrie
      Sherrie Nixa, MO

@Linda Jowers You can use cheap shampoo or dish soap that is PH Balanced like Ivory. I don't know if I would use vinegar because it is a acid. Google the Manufacture and cleaning guidelines. On some tiles like Travertine Tile this cleaning recipe

• Victoria D
    Victoria D Miami, FL

No problem with mixing those chemicals together I gather.

• Bev @ The Make Your Own Zone

@Victoria D The ingredients in this daily shower spray mix together fine with no problems. Perhaps the one thing to be mindful of is that hydrogen peroxide can break down in the light after a while so you might want to keep this spray in a cupboard,

• Linda Jowers
    Linda Jowers Southaven, MS

@30 results are available, use up and down arrow keys to navigate.SherrieI will do this, because most of the things in the paperwork NOT to use were the stronger commercial cleaners - not what TO use. I will call to get more details on what can be

• Andrea Reed
    Andrea Reed Coal Township, PA

What's the best way to keep your drains clean, from hair and everything, thanks...love your ideas...

• Bev @ The Make Your Own Zone

@Andrea Reed I wish I knew a good homemade way to keep drains clean! The usual advice is to use vinegar and baking soda. I tried that and it really didn't do anything at all. That may work for a little bit of upkeep, but for me it really did nothing

• Andrea Reed
    Andrea Reed Coal Township, PA

Thanks Bev, I've been doing that but it hasent done anything for my drains......any other solutions

­