Hometalk.com

Awesome Remodels 03.21.14

Make Your Own Daily Shower Cleaner Spray

This homemade daily shower cleaner spray is quickly becoming one of my favorite homemade cleaners. I've been using it for several months now and it's been working great!

We have a tub/shower area that has ceramic tile on the walls and has a small glass block window. Over the years that glass block window has been a big frustration to me because it always look dirty with water spots. This homemade cleaner has been the best thing so far on that window and has really kept water spots from forming. I've also found that the ceramic tile can be cleaned super quickly now with a spritz of my vinegar/water cleaner because once again, mineral spots are not building up.

I don't have a shower with glass doors to try this on, but I think it would work well on that type of shower too based on the positive experience I've had with it so far.

This spray is a mixture of water, hydrogen peroxide, rubbing alcohol, dish soap,and a dishwasher rinse aid. (You can click the link below to read more and get the complete recipe). After you take a shower, you just spray the mixture on the walls of the shower area the same

Time: 5 Minutes Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://www.themakeyourownzone.com/2013/07/homemade-daily-shower-cleaner-spray.html

9 Comments Displaying 9 of 9 comments
  • Alexandra Arena Forest Hills, NY
    This is such an awesome recipe, Bev!
  • Christine Upper Marlboro, MD
    Just going back through old Hometalks and came across your post. You talk about mineral spots, but have you seen any effect on soap film (I can't say "scum"!) on ceramic tile?
  • I've never really had much of a problem with soap scum on my ceramic tile. I think it's because in that shower only liquid soaps are used. I've heard that bar soaps create more soap scum and I tend to believe that based on my experience. That being said,
    • Christine Upper Marlboro, MD
      Bev @ The Make Your Own Zone Hmmm. I use bar soap, but I have a huge walk-in shower where I think it's actually shampoo splashing from me washing long hair. I can't fig'ger it out.
  • I have been using the vinegar/Dawn/water mix in a handle/scrubber & it seemed to work fine on regular wall tile & maufactured marble tub. This finish really accumulated soap scum, especially under the soap dish holding regular bar soap. Due to plumbing
    • Sherrie Nixa, MO
      Linda Jowers You can use cheap shampoo or dish soap that is PH Balanced like Ivory. I don't know if I would use vinegar because it is a acid. Google the Manufacture and cleaning guidelines.
  • Victoria D Miami, FL
    No problem with mixing those chemicals together I gather.
    • Victoria D The ingredients in this daily shower spray mix together fine with no problems. Perhaps the one thing to be mindful of is that hydrogen peroxide can break down in the light after a
  • @30 results are available, use up and down arrow keys to navigate.SherrieI will do this, because most of the things in the paperwork NOT to use were the stronger commercial cleaners - not what TO use. I will call to get more details on what can be used.