Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

Marmoleum Kitchen Flooring

Does anyone have any experience with Marmoleum flooring? This will be a DIY and wondering if it's difficult. Pros & Cons?
22 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 18 of 22 comments
  • KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    I have had some clients install this...against my recommendation. To me the ONLY acceptable floor coverings in a kitchen is tile or stained concrete. Kitchens see some of the most wear and tear in a home and are pone to water damage from leaks.
    • Kim
      Kim Boston, MA
      I don't like tile. I had it in a kitchen and entry way. My dog slipped on it constantly and it was too cold during the winter. I also spend a lot of time in the kitchen and tile is too hard underfoot. Also, my kitchen redo theme is cottage/vintage....
  • Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    My hubby has twice installed Vinyl Composite Tiles and had no trouble what-so-ever. I'm not familiar with the Marmoleum brand but Googled and it's linoleum. SO... I Googled the difference between them and found this article though it's not comparing VCT
    • Sharon Connors
      Sharon Connors Woodbine, GA
      Becky VCT is HIGHLY toxic and offgasses pthlalates and formaldehyde. I would NEVER use any kind of vinyl or composite flooring in my house. KMS don't know where you got your info
  • Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    I just found a conversation on Marmoleum on the Garden Web. Seems many have installed the "click" themselves. http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchba...
    • Kim
      Kim Boston, MA
      Becky thanks Becky. I want to get the click system. Seems easy enough. Thanks for the link it's really helpful!
    • Becky
      Becky Blair, NE
      You're very welcome Kim.
  • Elaine Simmons
    Elaine Simmons Florence, AZ
    I disagree with KMS that ceramic tile or cement is the only way to go. When you spend even a minimal amount of time in the kitchen, it is hard on the feet. I had laminate in my kitchen before this one and much prefer it to the ceramic tile that I have
  • J
    J Clackamas, OR
    We had marmoleum installed in our bathroom and laundry room and LOVE it. It's green, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, comes in tons of colors and feels good to walk on. However, we paid someone to do it because we heard it was very hard to do.... but after
    • Kim
      Kim Boston, MA
      J so many benefits to Marmo! Yeah we're going to do the click system, can't wait! Thanks
  • Window Replacement Orange County
    Marmoleum apart from being extremely eco-friendly,its very easy to clean, as stains cannot penetrate through the hard protective layer of marmoleum. The surface can be cleaned using a vacuum or a mop easily..
  • Renee Olson
    Renee Olson Viroqua, WI
    I hate it. it looked cheap and fades easily. stains and scratches. our wood florrs have lasted and looked way better.
  • KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    All three of those issues can be fixed with a simple area rug, rugs can also be changed easily to change the "decorative" style or for routine cleaning. I only have carpet in two room in my entire home. ( My daughters rooms...one if them recently asked
  • Kim
    Kim Boston, MA
    Are you related to tile of something?? You're so protective of it lol .... Marmoleum is something that I've wanted for a long time. Area rugs are not something I can have in my home, I have my 80 year old mother living with me, area rugs are pretty
    • KMS Woodworks
      KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
      Kim Not related to any tile...I'm an independent contractor that installs tile and hardwood...in addition to full remodels and custom furniture. I refinished my first hardwood floor
Kim

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing