Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

Marmoleum Kitchen Flooring

Does anyone have any experience with Marmoleum flooring? This will be a DIY and wondering if it's difficult. Pros & Cons?
22 Comments Displaying 16 of 22 comments | See Previous
  • Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    My hubby has twice installed Vinyl Composite Tiles and had no trouble what-so-ever. I'm not familiar with the Marmoleum brand but Googled and it's linoleum. SO... I Googled the difference between them and found this article though it's not comparing VCT
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
    • Sharon Connors
      Sharon Connors Woodbine, GA
      Becky VCT is HIGHLY toxic and offgasses pthlalates and formaldehyde. I would NEVER use any kind of vinyl or composite flooring in my house. KMS don't know where you got your info but REAL
  • Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    I just found a conversation on Marmoleum on the Garden Web. Seems many have installed the "click" themselves. http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchba...
    • Kim
      Kim Boston, MA
      Becky thanks Becky. I want to get the click system. Seems easy enough. Thanks for the link it's really helpful!
    • Becky
      Becky Blair, NE
      You're very welcome Kim.
  • Elaine Simmons
    Elaine Simmons Florence, AZ
    I disagree with KMS that ceramic tile or cement is the only way to go. When you spend even a minimal amount of time in the kitchen, it is hard on the feet. I had laminate in my kitchen before this one and much prefer it to the ceramic tile that I have
  • J
    J Clackamas, OR
    We had marmoleum installed in our bathroom and laundry room and LOVE it. It's green, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, comes in tons of colors and feels good to walk on. However, we paid someone to do it because we heard it was very hard to do.... but after
    • Kim
      Kim Boston, MA
      J so many benefits to Marmo! Yeah we're going to do the click system, can't wait! Thanks
  • Window Replacement Orange County
    Marmoleum apart from being extremely eco-friendly,its very easy to clean, as stains cannot penetrate through the hard protective layer of marmoleum. The surface can be cleaned using a vacuum or a mop easily..
  • Renee Olson
    Renee Olson Viroqua, WI
    I hate it. it looked cheap and fades easily. stains and scratches. our wood florrs have lasted and looked way better.
  • KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    All three of those issues can be fixed with a simple area rug, rugs can also be changed easily to change the "decorative" style or for routine cleaning. I only have carpet in two room in my entire home. ( My daughters rooms...one if them recently asked
  • Kim
    Kim Boston, MA
    Are you related to tile of something?? You're so protective of it lol .... Marmoleum is something that I've wanted for a long time. Area rugs are not something I can have in my home, I have my 80 year old mother living with me, area rugs are pretty
    • KMS Woodworks
      KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
      Kim Not related to any tile...I'm an independent contractor that installs tile and hardwood...in addition to full remodels and custom furniture. I refinished my first hardwood floor back in 1986.
Kim
  • Like

Tina

Stay updated on all the latest home and garden trends! It's free & easy and takes just a sec!