Easy Pumpkin Glitter & Glitz

Home decor 11.17.15

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
Here's an easy way to give your pumpkins a little glitter and glitz! I did paint the pumpkin to give it a brighter finish. This project can be completed very quickly, yet yields beautiful results!
Difficulty: Easy
  • The first step to create this bejeweled pumpkin was to spray it with a semi-gloss off-white spray paint. I allowed it to dry overnight.
  • I added a scrapbooking decal that I purchased from Hobby Lobby. It was super easy to use, but takes patience to very slowly peel the decal from the backing. The decal remained in one piece, and I carefully applied it to the pumpkin.
  • The last step was to finish it off with a ribbon bow by pushing a floral pin through the bow into the pumpkin. This is such a simple project to create a detailed, glammed up pumpkin!
  • I also used scrapbooking owl decals on a few miniature pumpkins and added them to my mini cupcake stands to add a little pizzazz to my kitchen fall decor.
  • I loved the little owl decal so much that I also added one to the top of one my cupcake stands. A cute little touch for fall.

To see more: http://www.lifeonlakeshoredrive.com/2012/09/pumpkin-glitz-glitter.html

• GeeJudy
    GeeJudy Denver, CO
    too beautiful
  • Sharron Lindemann
    Sharron Lindemann New Caney, TX
    I really like that
  • Kathie  Kenney
    Kathie Kenney Durand, MI
    Beautiful! This is also a great idea to do for a fall wedding or wedding shower.
  • Ann
    Ann Deltona, FL
    This is just gorgeous. I will do this for thanksgiving

• Greg Paige Roussel
    Greg Paige Roussel Berwick, LA
    this is so pretty and actually doable!! My daughter may try to make one for my granddaughters Cinderella bday. Thanks!!
Kathy Life on Lakeshore Drive

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post