My kitchen walls were painted a deep, cranberry red by the previous homeowner. | Hometalk
1.6K Views
1

My kitchen walls were painted a deep, cranberry red by the previous homeowner.

1.6K Views
1
I actually like the color, though the paint job is bad in spots. When we painted the adjacent living areas the soft yellow color that you see in the pic, I thought I could clean up the edges where the colors meet. What you see is actually an improvement, but it still looks bad.
I haven't had good results with masking or painters' tape, though I'm willing to try it again, but usually I can freehand a fairly straight edge with a good brush (what you see here was done with a roller. How would a pro painter get a clean edge here???
  • Dan's of Central Florida, Inc.

Hi Michelle,
    When doing different colors like this, I prefer to go from light to dark colors. It's a lot easier to get a dark color to cover a lighter one rather than the other way around. I would go back through and touch up the red color free hand

• Michelle
    Michelle Douglasville, GA

Wow, that was fast (I love this site!).
    The red was already there, so I didn't have a choice when I did the yellow. But now that I'm going to have to repaint anyway I've got another shot at the red. Thank you for the advice; I'll do as you suggested

• Dan's of Central Florida, Inc.

Happy to help Michelle! Yes, please post a new picture when you have the chance. I'd love to see how it turned out. Good luck!

• Peace Painting Co., Inc.
    Peace Painting Co., Inc. Alpharetta, GA

For a sharp line with latex paint, try the new 3M EdgeLock tape.
    It works amazingly well to keep the paint from bleeding under the tape.
    Charles

­