I need to remove old peeling paint from my white wooden picket fence

03.18.15
I had the fence striped and repainted about 6 years ago by a handyman company. They used a power washer which removed most of the old paint. I don't have the money to hire any one this time. Does anyone have any experience for this DIY project?
  • Seabreezn
    Seabreezn South Portland, ME
    Hi Lorrie - Unfortunatellly , there are no easy solutions to a flaking fence other than elbow grease or replacement . Fall is a great time for improvements ! Good Luck
  • Woodbridge Environmental Tiptophouse.com
    Lorie, You can rent a power washer and do it yourself. Not all that hard or expensive. You also can sand using a sander, but that takes a lot of time if there is a lot of areas to be done. Just be careful if you do power wash it you move the wand quickly
  • Bruce N Dala Anbuhl
    It really depends on what you are doing with the fence. If you want to repaint it, you only have to remove the loose paint and prepare the secure paint for a new coat of paint. If you want to stain the wood, you have to remove all the paint. A power
  • Seabreezn
    Seabreezn South Portland, ME
    Well , you've answered your own question - you don't have time or physicality to do the fence . Sounds like you need to hire someone / or have a 'fence re-do party " any which way Lorrie , work is involved unless you contract it out ..
  • Eric Blaise
    Eric Blaise Ephraim, UT
    If it was painted 6 years ago and is in need of painting again, some of that wood might be too far gone to consider painting (but what do I know, I haven't seen it myself. If that is the case you should probably get a a pre built fence or parts to
Lorrie Whalen