Pumpkin Made From Dryer Vent Hose and Fabric- Tutorial

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
So, I was so inspired by one of the Hometalkers. I know that many people have done these kinds of pumpkins, but I really wanted to make one and add something extra. I sew and I have many leftover fabric scraps. Therefore, I decided to use some of it for this project. It was a little bit messy with the glue, but I think it turned out pretty cool. :) Hope you like it! :)
  • scrap fabric
  • dryer vent hose
  • connected with hot glue
  • glue each strip - 1in or 1.5 in wide would work
  • I used so many different colors
  • bias tape- I cut 1/4 of the width- glue it to egdes
  • almost done
  • stick from the yard and fabric leaves and done!
  • with her pumpkin sister:)
  • S.Harley
    S.Harley Burbank, CA
    I've seen the spray painted ones but I really like your twist on this--clever AND pretty!
  • Diana Goodall
    Diana Goodall Ironton, OH
    How long do you cut the fabric strips?
  • Xena Nierobisz
    Xena Nierobisz Raleigh, NC
    Hmmm that was last year when I did it but I remember I used one strip to measure so it will go all the way down and then cut the rest using the measurement of the first one
  • Diana Goodall
    Diana Goodall Ironton, OH
    Thanks. Why didn't I think about that?
  • Sandra Johnson
    Sandra Johnson Saint Augustine, FL
    how do do the pencil curls
    • Xena Nierobisz
      Xena Nierobisz Raleigh, NC
      It is a wire. Those leaves had a wire stem so you just wrap it around a pencil
Xena Nierobisz

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post