DIY Industrial Curtain Rods

DIY Ideas 11.17.15

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
Curtain rods are one of those things that can really use up your decorating budget fast - especially if you need extra long ones. I love the look of industrial style curtain rods but not the price ($99 at West Elm - yikes). It turns out they are pretty simple to make just using parts from Lowes.
  • DIY industrial curtain rods for an extra long double window: less than $25 each.
  • All you need are some simple parts from the home improvement store. Check out my blog post for more detail.
  • The finished product: the perfect match for my painted striped curtains.

To see more:

• Loribeth
    Loribeth Muskegon, MI
    Someone else said what I was thinking. I think it's great when people use their creativity to avoid buying packaged products. The industrial look wouldn't work in our house, and we needed a rod that was 107 inches. We used closet doweling. It was cheaper
  • Sharyn Diaz
    Sharyn Diaz La Pine, OR
    super cool look...great idea
  • Matina V
    Matina V Everett, WA
    I love this idea!
  • Steven R
    Steven R Glenview, IL
    Pretty sweet ideas. We had industrial curtains in our warehouse from but within the last month we made are own curtains pretty much the same way these guys are outlining. Its the way to go!
  • Jen
    Jen Canada
    i love these but how do you take the curtains down to wash them
    • Carrie @ Lovely Etc.
      Carrie @ Lovely Etc. Troutville, VA
      Jen Great question. Originally I used grommet curtains so I had to unscrew the curtain rod to remove the curtains - kind of a pain. Recently I changed out the curtains and the new
Carrie @ Lovely Etc.

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post