The Fence (recycling Old Doors and Windows)

Old Doors 3 days ago

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
I would like to share the fence I made out of old doors and windows. I was unable to find a fence that I really loved plus I didn’t want it to cost me an arm & a leg. I’m not a spring chicken, so I need all my arms and legs!

The fence is located at the rear/side of my house. It seemed to take me forever but knowing I only had to do 6 (8 ft) sections, I knew I could totally finish this project. It wasn’t a project that I could put away in a closet and get it out later. Plus, being out for people to see, I realized that it had to be finished in a timely fashion.

It was like putting a puzzle together. Very little modification had to be done but there was some. I was extremely lucky at finding old doors. The first door was an original door in my house (sitting in the garage,when we moved in). My neighbor gave me a couple closet doors that he replaced in his house. Garage sales, dumpster diving, the side of the curb and a couple doors were knocked on when I saw a house being updated.

Once I had it totally built I realized it needed jazzed up. The first door had to be purple (K-State, of course). But why did I pick

• Ricci Longman
    Ricci Longman Battle Creek, MI
    This is totally FANTASTIC
  • Imperial Windows & Doors
    Imperial Windows & Doors Los Angeles, CA
    This is an amazing idea! I will surely use it in some of my future projects!
  • Sheri Snyder
    Sheri Snyder Willow Street, PA
    I love this too! I've collected 8 doors and am soon ready to get going on mine. How did you anchor them?
  • Katie
    Katie Canada
    What a FABULOUS idea!!! I love it! Any chance of a pic of the entire fence in all its glory? Very inspired!
  • Kaytedec
    Kaytedec Atlanta, GA
    Spectacular! I've though of this idea, but never gotten around to it. You did a fabulous job.
Gail Aldridge

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post