Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

DIY Garden ~ A Simple Branch Arbor

Gardening 01.10.15
When you are pruning tree branches or taking down a tree, don’t haul all those branches to be cut up for the fire pit or fireplace – reuse them in your garden! Last summer, several large branches needed to be trimmed and I used them to make a simple arbor over our back gate. Now, I know this arbor won’t last forever, but it will last long enough or me to decide just what I want there permanently. One note is to use green limbs as they will bend more easily. Pre-drill guide holes and attach to your fence with wood screws. Fast, easy and inexpensive – my idea of the perfect garden project!

Pin it! http://www.pinterest.com/pin/155585362100334...

See more of this project :

http://ourfairfieldhomeandgarden.com/diy-pro...

Our FaceBook page https://www.facebook.com/OurFairfieldHomeAnd...

To see more: http://ourfairfieldhomeandgarden.com/diy-project-a-simple-branch-arbor/

66 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 23 of 66 comments | See Previous
  • Donna
    Donna Cary, NC
    I have an iPad and when I hit on your link or any link on hometalk now I cannot see but part of the page. Is anyone else having this problem. I usually like to go to the blogs to see more info but just recently this has been happening. I looked but there
  • Donna
    Donna Cary, NC
    • Yair Spolter
      Yair Spolter Brooklyn, NY
      Donna this was actually a glitch in Hometalk. It should be fixed now. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • Judy
    Judy Grants Pass, OR
    Barb, I love this so much it almost makes me want to find a place to build a fence & gate just so I can have one!
    • Barb Rosen
      Barb Rosen Wilmington, DE
      Judy ~ Your idea sounds great! I'll look forward to seeing your arbor one of these days : )
  • Ruth Bradford ~ Motivation Garden
    I grow the moonflower. they are super easy and spread fast. love the night flowers in my garden
  • Anne Marie Morris
    Anne Marie Morris Panama City, FL
    Barb, this is just lovely and your flower choices are just wonderful. I have an arbor that needs some flowers desperately...gonna try your choices. Thanks so much for sharing!
    • Barb Rosen
      Barb Rosen Wilmington, DE
      Anne Marie Morris ~ I think you'll like the pretty purple flowers of the hyacinth bean blooming in the daytime and the moonflower joining in during the evening and morning hours!
  • GranArt
    GranArt Granbury, TX
    love this idea! thank you
  • Liliana Wells
    Liliana Wells Jackson, GA
    This is precious. I have just the spot for it. Thanks for sharing.
  • Jann Olson
    Jann Olson Alpine, UT
    Barb, I love branch arbors! I made one about 10 few years ago and attached birdhouses to it. Loved it till it finally bit the dust.
    • Barb Rosen
      Barb Rosen Wilmington, DE
      Jann Olson ~ yes, they won't last forever, but quite a long time for something that cost nothing but some time : )
  • Carolyn Bennett Ford
    Carolyn Bennett Ford South Lake Tahoe, CA
    I love this idea!!! Your flower choices are great too. Might have to try this in the spring. Thanks for the inspiration!!
  • Barb Rosen
    Barb Rosen Wilmington, DE
    @Carol Gangemi ~ here's the back gate arbor!
  • Barb Rosen
    Barb Rosen Wilmington, DE
    Lorraine Edwards ~ here's my no-cost arbor!
  • Carol L
    Carol L Moores Hill, IN
    This is so awesome! Wish I had a gate. :)
  • Patsy Price
    Patsy Price Hartsville, SC
    @Mrs. Rosen, can you tell me where I can find these seeds. I had some a few years back but, somehow I misplaced them. I love them.
  • Rosi McCoy
    Rosi McCoy Wilmington, DE
    Gorgeous Barb!!! It looks like peace and serenity on earth.
  • Diana
    Diana Glenwood, IL
    Beautiful idea. Won't work for me, but I love the way it creates such a beautiful area.
Barb Rosen

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing