Bleached Pine Cones & Decor

Fun 2 days ago
Tired of the rustic look of pinecones in your decor? Especially if you lean toward a light and airy look. Why not bleach your pinecones for an unusual beautiful effect in home decor. Be amazed by their resulting appearance. . . Beauty made more beautiful!
Difficulty: Easy
Gently pour bleach over the pinecones, cover and soak overnight or longer.
Dry on paper towels for a few days to reopen, or if impatient, put in a 275 degree oven for 1 hr. You can tell that the color of the scales have changed, but the beauty is yet to be seen.
Lo and behold, once open, the pinecones were absolutely beautiful!
This pinecone is decorated with a mixture of seed beads, glitter, mod podge and champagne color glitter paint.
Decorated bleached pinecones add a touch of monochromatic hues to a once rustic look!

To see more: http://plumperfectandme.blogspot.com/2013/10/bleached-pine-cones-decor.html

on This Post

• Tommi L. Perkins
    Tommi L. Perkins Fayetteville, AR
    I saw where one gal bleached her pine cones, dried them completely, and then dipped them in dye colors. The ones that looked the best were the ones that she did in an ombre effect. In the pastel colors they were smashing!
  • Lorrainealexander
    lorrainealexander Dracut, MA
    They are beautiful, my daughter and I are always looking for projects. This one we are going to try. Thank you
  • Bonnie Sunday
    Bonnie Sunday Jacksonville, AR
    Those are pretty and I have been gathering pine cones for other projects, so will throw some into bleach tomorrow. Always curious and constantly crafting.
  • Louise
    louise Columbia, TN
    did not work for me
  • Bonnie
    Bonnie Keystone Heights, FL
    Working with pinecones now. I like this idea.
Gail@Purple Hues and Me