Bleached Pine Cones & Decor

Crafty 3 days ago
Tired of the rustic look of pinecones in your décor? Especially if you lean toward a light and airy look. Why not bleach your pinecones for an unusual beautiful effect in home décor. Be amazed by their resulting appearance. . . Beauty made more beautiful!
Difficulty: Easy
Gently pour bleach over the pinecones, cover and soak overnight or longer.
Dry on paper towels for a few days to reopen, or if impatient, put in a 275 degree oven for 1 hr. You can tell that the color of the scales have changed, but the beauty is yet to be seen.
Lo and behold, once open, the pinecones were absolutely beautiful!
This pinecone is decorated with a mixture of seed beads, glitter, mod podge and champagne color glitter paint.
Decorated bleached pinecones add a touch of monochromatic hues to a once rustic look!

To see more: http://plumperfectandme.blogspot.com/2013/10/bleached-pine-cones-decor.html

• Arlene Buono
    Arlene Buono Ashburnham, MA
    Hi even tho I live near a state forest, I have never seen pine trees or pine cones around. Can I bleach the store bought one? I would like to make a small Christmas treet
Gail@Purple Hues and Me