DIY Trash Can Compost Bin

Gardening 01.29.16
Composting is a great way to reduce the amount of waste that goes into trash fills each day and it makes the highest quality of soil in which you can use to nourish your growing garden (no matter how big or small!). I put off starting a compost bin for 2 years because I thought it would be difficult and expensive.

Lo and behold, this DIY trash can compost bin is the total opposite! Using tools you most likely already have on hand, this DIY project takes 10 minutes... flat. Read on the link to see the complete tutorial and my secret to creating compost, fast. --> http://www.healthyrootshappysoul.com/diy-tras...

Time: 10 Minutes Cost: $20 Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://www.healthyrootshappysoul.com/diy-trash-can-compost-bin/

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!
  • Sherman0097
    sherman0097 Woonsocket, RI
    does anyone know if cow manure speeds up e composting time?
  • Healthy Roots, Happy Soul
    @dianehoward I hope this works for you!
  • Diane Howard
    Diane Howard Cordova, AL
    Thank you! I've told my husband this for a decade and since our garbage service changed and uses their own cans he through ours out. I was furious. I have a tin one from my Mom who passed away 3 years ago but I'm going to buy a new plastic one. Thanks
  • Anthea Wood Close
    Anthea Wood Close Bradenton, FL
    this is such a great idea. Thank you.
  • Libby Yuewhoo
    I have 2 large composters on the go, all thetime, but I like the idea of a round sealable garbage can that you canroll around. It would certainly speed upthe process.
  • Rich
    Rich Boonville, NY
    Just an idea. Learned this from YouTube; growingyourowngreens.com. Use food scraps, wood chips(free from tree trimmers), and rock dust for great compost.
  • Sibyl Partin
    Sibyl Partin Morrison, TN
    My mother was a master gardener. She always had a compost going. However she had" hers sitting in a wheelbarrow and the water that leaked out was what she called "tea". She put about a cup of "tea" in her gallon of rain water to water her flower
  • Joyful Transitions LLC Home Staging, Redesign & Mo
    I did this years ago......love it!!!
  • Joy
    Joy Atlanta, GA
    Clever! I've never composted but always wanted to. Would like to know how this turns out for you. I don't know why though since we now live in a townhouse! lol
Healthy Roots, Happy Soul