Update Your Bathroom Cabinets With Paint

Bathroom Updates 11.08.15

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
Step by step tutorial to turn your builder grader bathroom cabinets into custom made using paint!
  • We updated our bathroom by painting the cabinets, framing out the mirror and updating the backsplash.
  • About 5 years ago I had gel stained the oak cabinets, I loved it but the stain was beginning to peel in highly used areas which is normal. Instead of re-staining I decided to brighten the cabinets with paint. I lightly sanded first.
  • Prime using a foam roller. I have had wonderful luck with Zinsser. You don’t have to sand with this product but I still give it a light buffing.
  • Lightly buff
  • Start painting, again using a foam roller and a purdy brush in the hard to reach places.
  • Stop by the blog for the colors.

To see more: http://myuncommonsliceofsuburbia.com/painted-bathroom-cabinets/

• Miriam I
    Miriam I New York, NY
  • Hortensia S
    Hortensia S Missouri City, TX
    very pritty I was thinking of duing sometrhing like that to my bathroom kabinet but dint know hoo.Thank you for shearing
  • Tedi
    Tedi Canada
    beautiful !! and thank you so much for sharing and the mirror frame info too ! ty

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post