ReferenceError: Can't find variable: Set http://cdn.hometalk.com/resources/combined/js/common.57b191e0b86acfe39085.9094.js:28 http://cdn.hometalk.com/resources/combined/js/common.57b191e0b86acfe39085.9094.js:1 in t http://cdn.hometalk.com/resources/combined/js/common.57b191e0b86acfe39085.9094.js:1 http://cdn.hometalk.com/resources/combined/js/common.57b191e0b86acfe39085.9094.js:1 in t http://cdn.hometalk.com/resources/combined/js/common.57b191e0b86acfe39085.9094.js:34 http://cdn.hometalk.com/resources/combined/js/common.57b191e0b86acfe39085.9094.js:1 in t http://cdn.hometalk.com/resources/combined/js/react-in-angular.86e888c7c6caf51992f9.9094.js:1 http://cdn.hometalk.com/resources/combined/js/common.57b191e0b86acfe39085.9094.js:1 in t http://cdn.hometalk.com/resources/combined/js/common.57b191e0b86acfe39085.9094.js:1 in webpackJsonp The Easiest Way to Hang Anything on Your Walls (without Using a Drill) | Hometalk

The Easiest Way to Hang Anything on Your Walls (without Using a Drill)

250,434 Views
Post sponsored by Sugru

I get nervous every time I have to pick up a drill or hammer to hang anything on my walls. In fact, I usually leave things on countertops or display them on shelves rather than hang them up.
Recently, I learned about an amazing product that can actually help me hang anything at all on my wall, no tools necessary, and it’s so easy to use!
If play dough and superglue had a baby, this would be it! It’s called Sugru and it sticks permanently to many surfaces, a full list of which you can see on Sugru's website. All you have to do is press it onto something and then stick it to your surface of choice. It can also be used to seal and fix things, like kitchen appliances or cables. You just mold it for up to 30 minutes, give it 24 hours to set, and Sugru turns into a durable, flexible silicone rubber that stays stuck (unless you remove it).
The moment my “DIY Hacks For Your Home” kit arrived, I immediately opened it and got to hanging everything and anything on my walls.
The kit came with a handy booklet, which had 18 wonderful ideas that I could use around the house. I choose two of them to do immediately and then improvised a few hacks of my own.

Hang a Towel Rack
I started with their towel rack hanging trick. The first thing I did when opening my towel rack (a regular model I found at my local home goods store) was throw away the screw that came with it – no need for those! Then, I took my Surgru out of the package, split it into two balls, and squished the balls onto the back of my towel rack mount (the piece I attach to the wall). Next, I pinched the Sugru on the back of my mount into pyramids and pressed it onto the wall right next to my sink.
I waited 24 hours for it to dry and then I added the rest of the towel rack. It was probably the lowest effort update my bathroom has ever received!

Put up Shoe Hooks
Next, I created easy and attractive shoe storage for my entryway using cabinet knobs. I rolled the Sugru into a ball about half the size of the base of my knob, then pinched it into a peak. Then, I firmly pressed it onto the wall. I was concerned about the soft Sugru holding the weight of the knob (which was pretty heavy) while it was drying, so I laid a piece of painter’s tape over the knob and wall to support it for the next 24 hours.
My friends have been commenting non-stop about this organization hack and even my kids like hanging their shoes up now.

Make Your Own Utensil Hooks
I decided to try the same kind of storage for my bulky kitchen utensils, so I used some more Sugru to create a rack right on my backsplash. I rolled the Sugru into little sausages that were fat on one end and thin on the other. Then, I bent the thinner end upwards to make a little hook. Next, I firmly pressed the fatter end onto the grout between my tiles. If you're forming a free-standing shape like this one, you might want to secure it with a piece of painter's tape while it dries.
The grey Sugru matched my grout perfectly and I love having those utensils out of my kitchen drawers.

Hang up Toothbrush Holders
When I decided to make toothbrush hangers for my kids’ bathroom, I knew Sugru would work perfectly for it. My Sugru kit came with 4 colors, so I picked some bright hues that would look good on my bathroom wall. Sugru dries into bendable rubber, so I’m not nervous that my kids will break these hooks when they use their toothbrushes each day.
I opened a package and pinched off a little bit (this will be the eyes) then I rolled the rest of the package into a sausage. I pressed the larger end of the sausage onto my bathroom wall and bent the thinner end to the side to make a curved piece to hold the toothbrush. Then, I rolled the piece I pinched off into two little balls and added them on above the ''smile'' where eyes would be.
The kids love putting their toothbrushes away and I love that I don’t have to worry about that gross build up you get on the bottom of a toothbrush cup.

Hang Fairy Lights
My friend is a renter and her daughters are always asking her to add fun décor to their walls. I knew she was at a loss for how to pretty-up their space, so for her birthday a couple of weeks ago, I bought her the Sugru kit. She was so excited to give her girls’ room a pretty update for the holidays, and the ladies were thrilled to find this surprise hanging on their wall. I’m so glad I thought of buying her a kit of her own. I’ll be adding a couple of Sugru kits to my gift-shopping list this season!
She pinched the Sugru into cubes, then pressed the cubes onto her daughters’ wall. After they were done drying, she used them as hooks to run these adorable fairy lights around her room. Instant style!
If you’re ready to say goodbye to drilling into your walls, you can order Sugru from their website or from Amazon. It holds up really well over time, and you can use it to repair your dryer or dishwasher because it holds up really well to extreme temperatures and being wet. It's perfect for renters because you literally never have to make a hole in a wall ever again. I'm sure this will be a really popular gift this holiday season and it's the perfect size for a stocking stuffer.
Here it is in action! How cool is that?

To see more: https://sugru.com/buy/hacks-for-your-home-kit?utm_source=hometalk&utm_medium=sponsored_post&utm_campaign=rebel%20tech%20kit

Ask the creator about this project

• Sandra Crosbie
    Sandra Crosbie Ireland

Genius. This will solve hanging " stuff " for everyone.

• Marilyn Smith
    Marilyn Smith

where can yo get it

• Hania @Sugru
      Hania @Sugru

Hey Jan! Thanks so much for your support. I'm afraid Sugru in not available from Lowe's anymore, but Target do stock it (among others). Hania

• Lisa Gish Moyer
    Lisa Gish Moyer Annapolis, MD

This is great! I found it on Amazon and Sugru has their own website! Added to my Christmas gifts!!

• Suzanne Brodeur
    Suzanne Brodeur

Found this on a different site on how to remove it. If you need to remove cured Sugru from a surface, just slice most of it off with a knife, then use your fingernail to scrape off any residue. (Careful now – Sugru is removable from woods and textiles too, but might stain these surfaces.

• Captjohnandbecky
    Captjohnandbecky Madera, CA

This looks like a great product! Thanks for sharing. I'm interested in the answers to some of the questions.

• Eileen
    Eileen Austin, MN

thanks, I have had this for a month or two and was wondering how to really use it now thanks to you I can open package and get started, have lots of ideas now.

• Shawna Bailey
      Shawna Bailey West Orange, NJ

It's also really great for repairing appliances, because it takes temperature change and water well (once it's dry). I'm using it tomorrow to repair a crack that somehow happened in our washing machine.

• Cassandra baker
    Cassandra baker North Brunswick, NJ

thanks for sharing. my daughter moved into a new apartment over a year ago and refused to hang anything on the walls because she's afraid of causing damage. now I can tell her of this product and continue with my title of world's greatest MOM. LOL

• Mystarrysky1
    Mystarrysky1

Most important question: Is it safe? FDA standards mean absolutely 0 to the truely health conscious! What ar the ingredients?!

• Marilyn Stein
      Marilyn Stein Paradise, CA

According to the website, it is not yet food or child safe, but they are working on it.

• Pat Moran
    Pat Moran Brenham, TX

I first saw this product on Grommet, a site that showcases new and inventive products. It sounded too good to be true, so, naturally I bought a package. In fact, it IS everything the inventors said it is and more! I have used this for everything under the sun - most recently, and probably the best indicator of this products amazing properties is my mailbox repair. My mailbox post is beginning to rot a bit at the top , so the mailbox screws have next to nothing to grab and the mailbox threatens to fall off the post. Now, I'm an OLD broad, and there is no way I can pull that post and replace it and I'd rather not pay someone a a couple of hundred bucks to do the work for me, so I thought, WTH, and used the Sugru on the post and bottom of the mail box. Mailbox hasn't moved a cm since I did the repair a MONTH ago! It might seem a bit pricey, but not nearly as much as replacement of whatever is broken. Give it a try - you won't be disappointed.

• Marilyn Stein
    Marilyn Stein Paradise, CA

OMG! Is this my answer to hanging our Christmas stockings on our brick fireplace (with no mantel)? Will it bond to rough surfaces?

• Shawna Bailey
      Shawna Bailey West Orange, NJ

It will work really well on brick but you won't be able to remove it after. You can't remove it from porous surfaces, and brick is very porous.

• User
    User

Thank you I just ordered two tech kits for stocking stuffers and the home kit Forbes me! Hate drilling love this new way!

• Naomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey
    Naomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey Castaic, CA

Thanks for posting this! I have been using since it came out as "earthquake insurance" for some pieces I have hanging on the wall. Great product - for me at least. Thanks!

• Shawna Bailey
      Shawna Bailey West Orange, NJ

Wow, I didn't think about it in regards to earthquakes. Thanks for the good tip

• Mystarrysky1
    Mystarrysky1

Thanks! Til I kno it safe, I will wait to try it for now

• Nadine
    Nadine Houston, TX

So easy. Thanks for sharing!

• Lisa Renner
    Lisa Renner Simi Valley, CA

So excited

• Markets mcalpine
    Markets mcalpine Kingfisher, OK

We're can I get mine? It looks like just the product for my projects.

• Sandraspeck
    Sandraspeck Canada

can we get in Canada, looks like great product

• Hania @Sugru
      Hania @Sugru

Sugru is not sold in brick and mortar shops in Canada yet, but we're working on it! In the meantime, you can get it on Amazon.ca. Hope it helps! Hania

• Deb
    Deb Alton, NH

I too love this Stuff! I bought a package for each of the guys for Christmas last year. None, do you hear me, none of them got how amazing this stuff is. I used the pack I'd given my husband for all sorts of stuff, a new hanger for my favorite large kitchen clock, a knob on the handle for the eaves door, attaching the glass top to the old sewing machine metal bottom end table, and one of my favorites, I have two pieces of glass cut the same size, mount a picture inside pressing the balls of Sugru flat to hold together, I especially like this with the black Sugru a day old times black and white photos.

• Lucy Marie Bernier
    Lucy Marie Bernier

Neat stuff... 👍👍👍

• Tanrenver
    Tanrenver

Can it be used to hang up pictures? My interior decorating fever just kicked in! Great for apartment dwellers.

• Shawna Bailey
      Shawna Bailey West Orange, NJ

As long as the picture aren't too heavy up to 4.4 pounds.

Inspired? Will you try this project? Let the author know!