Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

How to Paint $1 Flower Pots and Add Color to Your Backyard

For the Garden 10.13.14
Our backyard needs a lot of love but after pouring all our money into our 93 year old home I had to get creative this summer to make it look pretty, add some color and do it on a budget???
Time: 2 Hours Cost: $20 Difficulty: Easy
In less than an hour my daughter and I painted a bunch of these pots in red, yellow, green and orange. We have them all around our patio and it really gave it that “Punch” of color.
I found these terracotta pots at the .99 Cents Store!!!
We already had patio furniture so I just found some pretty striped cushions at Marshalls and covered a $2 ottoman with fun bright fabric.
I bought some pretty flowers at Armstrong Nursery, but if I hit it right some days I will find beautiful little flowers at the .99 Cents store too.
I just put a rock or two in the bottom for some drainage and then used a good potting compost to add in with the flowers.
I put them up our little stair way too and they coordinate with the striped rug.
Now we have two dogs and one is a puppy so if left unattended for too long she will knock them over and do a little digging, so I can easily move them up high when I need too.
Here's how I did it. I bought some craft paint at Michaels. You can usually find it for about $.69 to 1 and they always have coupons too. You can add the app right to your phone.
We applied two coats of paint and it dried in a couple hours outside.
We didn’t tape off as they are going outside and we weren’t going for perfection here.
So I just planted the pretty flowers and then watered them well. If you want to take a tour of our back yard please click above on our blog link and you can see our pretty pool too. #Exterior #JuneGarden #Backyard #BackyardIdeas #Garden #GardenFeature
Here they are a year later and the pots still look great and add fun bright color to your yard!!! #PowerofPaint #HometalkEveryday #DollarStore
Thank you for stopping by and have a great day, Lisa

To see more: http://concordcottage.com/diy-painted-flower-pots-add-color-to-your-backyard/

15 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 15 of 15 comments
  • Judy4justice
    Judy4justice Pleasant Grove, AL
    Very pretty!!I have several pots I should do this with.Thanks.
  • Valerie
    Valerie South Africa
    Love the colors, and it certainly transforms your stairs! Thanks for sharing!
  • Dorothy Hoskins
    Dorothy Hoskins Sonora, CA
    here's another idea.... They sell glow in the dark paint and after you paint the pots, you can add a layer of it to them. They soak up the light during the day and glow at night. Make sure you paint the pots with the colored paint first otherwise the
  • Michele Schaub
    Michele Schaub Hardin, MT
    Did you put any type of weatherizer over the paint? Have they fared summer well?
  • Carol
    Carol Fortescue, NJ
    Nice to know re the 99¢ store. I want to know where you got your chair pads.
    • ConcordCottage.com with Lisa Walsh Huff Kroll
      Carol Hi Carol, I got them last summer at Marshalls and I had to go to two to find enough. I will have to see if I can find the name, I think it was Shorehouse, i'll have to dig....lol. Thanks for stopping by, Lisa
  • Lynn
    Lynn Sugar Land, TX
    As for the puppy.............red pepper is a great deterent. No body gets really 'hurt' but makes them seem a whole lot less attractive!
  • Polly Zieper
    Polly Zieper Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Arethe pots in your photos plastic or ceramic?And are the flowers real? did you start from seeds?thanks!looks like a fun spring project to do with my kids!
  • Polly Zieper
    Polly Zieper Fort Lauderdale, FL
    BTW, Michael's and ACMoore have coupons on their sites all the time. I check every week to see if its something I can use.

Thx for the ideas and

• Polly Zieper
    Polly Zieper Fort Lauderdale, FL
    I'm off to Dollar tree tomorrow-as if I needed an excuse!thanks for the photos, great motivator!
ConcordCottage.com with Lisa Walsh Huff Kroll

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing