DIY Bathroom Renovation

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
My husband and I completely renovated my father's outdated and neglected master bathroom in less than 24 hours. This included replacing the toilet, sink, vanity, mirror, light fixture, other bathroom fixtures, and flooring. In all, it was very easy to do and it's amazing what you can accomplish when your heart's set on something. A complete tutorial on how we renovated the bathroom may be found at my blog, Paint Speckled Pawprints:
Time: 24 Hours Cost: $1000 Difficulty: Moderate
  • This is a Before and After of the bathroom renovation. We gutted and painted the room, then installed a new toilet, sink, vanity, light fixture, faucet, toilet paper holder and towel rack, and ceramic tile floors.
  • This photo shows the new paint choices, light fixture, vanity mirror, vanity plus sink, faucet, towel rack, and toilet. Everything was completed by my husband and myself.
  • This photo showcases the new ceramic tile floor, toilet, vanity, and toilet paper holder.
  • We removed the old linoleum floors and installed a new ceramic tile floor.

To see more:

• Lou Ann Newell
    Lou Ann Newell Birmingham, AL
    This looks great and I am sure that your dad loves it!!
  • Lou Ann Newell
    Lou Ann Newell Birmingham, AL
    Sounds great Jeanette! Thanks for the info.
  • Linda Campbell
    Linda Campbell Port Townsend, WA
    Great JOB!!!!!
  • Charlda W
    Charlda W Lindale, TX
    how did you cut around the ceramic tile on floor? We were thinking of doing this also in our bathroom but don't want have the uneven cuts.
  • Sandra
    Sandra Dundee, IL
    wow, really nice and on a great budget!
Kirsten S

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post