Family Jewelry Christmas Tree

Home Decorating 06.12.15
Wondering what to do with those pieces of costume jewelry you inherited, or broken pieces of jewelry you can't bare to part with? Turn them into a fabulous memento you can cherish.
  • This is a one-of-a-kind keepsake of jewelry belonging to my mother and other family members.
  • The tree is very easy to make using a Styrofoam cone, and either gluing or pinning the pieces on.
  • This is an old brooch that belonged to my mother. Not valuable but very sentimental.
  • I placed a picture of her inside of it. Making this tree extra special.
  • I used glitter glue to fill in any spaces after I had finished adding all the jewelry pieces. This gave the tree a sparkly effect. I placed the finish tree on a small urn pedestal.
  • What a beautiful keepsake that I will truly treasure.

To see more: http://plumperfectandme.blogspot.com/2012/11/family-jewelry-christmas-tree.html

• Miriam I
    Miriam I New York, NY
    Gail you are so talented! How do you come up with so many amazing ideas?
  • Judy Packer
    Judy Packer Arlington, TX
    I love this; it is so very pretty. I've given away so many pieces that were given to me that would have made a beautiful tree like this. :-( I'll have to start collecting again so I can make one for next year. Thanks so much for sharing.
  • Jennifer O'Hara
    Gail@Purple Hues and Me it's just lovely. Spectacular really! I can't wait to make one, I have all the ingrediants that's for sure, but I wonder Gail what did you use as
  • Karen J
    Karen J Whitesville, WV
    thanks for sharing, this is very pretty.
Gail@Purple Hues and Me