Tip: Clean Soap Scum in the Shower!
- Magic eraser is great on dull sinks. With a short scrub it brings back the shine and luster that your stainless steel sink was missing ! Deb R Tx
- Once you correct the problem, squeegee your shower or tub, along with the walls if they are wet, after every use.Then, wipe everything down with a miracle cloth to absorb the rest of the water.You will never have another buildup of anything and your shower/ tub will always be spotless.You can still clean it or spray it down with vinegar, then with hydrogen peroxide to disinfect the area.
- Steel wool is not recommended it does scratch and removes any glaze protection on the tiles. Use a Magic Eraser instead.
- To eliminat the problem at the source use liquid soap not bar soap. You may get some build up but rincing with warm or hot water usually clears what little build up there might be
- @Whyme Lord......that sounds a good idea,never thought of that.....yes one would think liquid soap would be heaps better ....Going to give it a go.....thank you!!!!
- If you have lots of bar soap left you can make it into liquid there are tutorials everywhere I would check home talk first.
- i use a concoction of 2 oz of BLUE dawn 4 oz of lemon juice ( bottled is fine) 8 oz of WHITE vinegar and 10 oz plain tap water in large spray bottle.Sshake it up and spray the tiles leave on overnight the first time.. use your exhaust fan as the only downside is the strong vinegar smell. next A.M. use hand held shower and rinse with the hottest water you can get and watch the crud wash away.. the first time after rinsing you may have to scrub a bit of the tile grout but after that you do not have to scrub your tiles again.. i spray it once or twice a week leave it for an hour and rinse with hot water. the tiles look great and no scrubbing !!!
- p.s. 5 adults and a toddler use one bathroom . so it gets pretty dirty fast. this mix keeps it clean w/o hard work