I had fun deciding, drew it out first before painting. It took about a week to complete. I allowed each coat of paint to dry overnight or several hours. Before moving on.
We like in the country, and snakes are not my friend, I like to have the front cut close so I can see them when they visit.
After I finished I realized I could have, should have, filled in the gaps on the edge with woodpuddy. But you learn from your mistakes.
We live in a herricaine zone so we hund it with C clamps so it can be taken down an move in.
It is also hanging to high husband to make me wire extensions to center it.
I live on the Gulf coast, husband is retired Military , who flies his own airplane. We live in a flyin community. Hence the color and design choice.
Hung from top not into bricks, husband refuses to drill into the bricks.
PS...We had to add a rubber tubbing to the back, after a bad winter storm, to protect both the wall and the quilt.
Materials I used for this project:
- Exterior grade Plywood (Had)
- Latex Paint one each of Bear red, white and blue (Lowes)
- Blue painters tape (Had)