Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home
08.08.11

What's the best organic fertilizer for my home vegetables?

4 Comments Displaying 4 of 4 comments
  • Steve G
    Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    Worm compost is great for adding organic matter, and has several other valuable trace minerals. Alfalfa meal is a nitrogen-heavy and good source of organic matter. Bonemeal is a good source of phosphate, and blood meal is a good source of nitrogen. I
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
  • Barb M
    Barb M Chesterfield, MO
    Hi Vanessa,

I live in the midwest where we have heavy clay soils. I LOVE 'Mills Magic' available at 'Rosmania'. I used to use it

• Erica Glasener
    Erica Glasener Atlanta, GA
    I recommend mixing in compost with your soil before you plant. This will make all the difference with your vegetables. Make sure you know where it comes from (no heavy metals for food gardens).
  • Donna Dixson
    Donna Dixson Buford, GA
    Worm Castings are always a wonderful and magical addition to any organic planting! I would advise using caution when adding any mushroom compost and follow Erica's advice 'know where it comes from' as each mushroom farm has different ingredients for
Vanessa