Hometalk.com

08.08.11

What's the best organic fertilizer for my home vegetables?

4 Comments Displaying 4 of 4 comments
  • Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    Worm compost is great for adding organic matter, and has several other valuable trace minerals. Alfalfa meal is a nitrogen-heavy and good source of organic matter. Bonemeal is a good source of phosphate, and blood meal is a good source of nitrogen. I
  • Barb M Chesterfield, MO
    Hi Vanessa,

I live in the midwest where we have heavy clay soils. I LOVE 'Mills Magic' available at 'Rosmania'. I used to use it

• Erica Glasener Atlanta, GA
    I recommend mixing in compost with your soil before you plant. This will make all the difference with your vegetables. Make sure you know where it comes from (no heavy metals for food gardens).
  • Donna Dixson Buford, GA
    Worm Castings are always a wonderful and magical addition to any organic planting! I would advise using caution when adding any mushroom compost and follow Erica's advice 'know where it comes from' as each mushroom farm has different ingredients for