Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home
09.01.14

How to Empty the Wax and Re-Use Yankee Candle Jars

I have literally been burning through Yankee Candles over the holidays. They come in such beautiful jars, I really wanted to re-use them for storage, decorations, gifts, etc. I found an easy way to remove the wax and now the #upcycle possibilities are endless! For the full tutorial check out Two It Yourself. http://www.twoityourself.com/2014/01/re-use-...

To see more: http://www.twoityourself.com/2014/01/re-use-yankee-candle-jars-how-to-remove.html

140 Comments Displaying 15 of 140 comments | See Previous
  • Linda Geier
    Linda Geier Urbana, MO
    Linda Geier, Urbana,MO. I have good luck using my large jar candle warmer. Let them melt and dispose of melted wax and wipe any remaining residue with paper towels.
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
  • Andrea Hadskis
    put your glass jar into the fridge when you are down to just a little bit of wax. In a short time the wax will be very hard and easily pops out of the jar. Then use it in a tart burner or scentsy.
  • Victoria
    Victoria Rogersville, TN
  • Deanna Speer
    Have you considered saving those bits of was to reuse. they can be put in closets to scent them or your drawers. You can put them into candle warmers such as a small crock pot. I collect them thru out the year putting them into plastic bags based on
  • Deanna Speer
    Also many times I use them in my pantry for beans or grains. They are small jars but usually a small bag of say black beans can be held in it. I use those jars for everything. Yankee candles are the very best. But they are getting pretty expensive like
  • Frances Hudson
    Frances Hudson Mount Gilead, NC
    You can put the jars in a warm over to melt the wax. Pour the wax out, then wash the jars in hot soapy water.
  • Frances Hudson
    Frances Hudson Mount Gilead, NC
    Correction, Warm oven....
  • Frances Hudson
    Frances Hudson Mount Gilead, NC
    Correction, Warm oven....
  • Karon Nelson Roberts
    Karon Nelson Roberts Beaufort, SC
    Crock-pot. Just put a small cookie cooling rack in bottom of crock pot, place candle jars on top of rack, add water till about half way up jars, turn on low for several hours. Yes it takes time so plan to do on a day when home all day. You can put three
  • Joan
    Joan Englishtown, NJ
    Putting the jar, candle holder, tart burner etc., in the freezer for 30 minutes works best for me.Pops right out when you stick a fork or knife in it, and hardly any residue!
  • Janie Pride
    Janie Pride Midland, GA
    You can put the candle jars in the freezer for a while and the wax comes right out!!
  • Suzanne Maras
    Suzanne Maras Welcome, MN
    I love these idea's of re-using the candle holders, I can get the wax out easily but have problems getting the glue out from the bottom of the metal wick holder, any idea's?
  • Jenny Cox
    Jenny Cox Wells, MN
    I just put low candles in a slow oven, like 170 degrees and let the wax melt, and smell up my house, then pour it out. Wipe any remaining wax out with a paper towel. Stabbing, and Jabbing can be dangerous!
Melissa @ Two It Yourself