• Joan
    Joan Englishtown, NJ
    Putting the jar, candle holder, tart burner etc., in the freezer for 30 minutes works best for me.Pops right out when you stick a fork or knife in it, and hardly any residue!
  • Janie Pride
    Janie Pride Midland, GA
    You can put the candle jars in the freezer for a while and the wax comes right out!!
  • Suzanne Maras
    Suzanne Maras Welcome, MN
    I love these idea's of re-using the candle holders, I can get the wax out easily but have problems getting the glue out from the bottom of the metal wick holder, any idea's?
    • Nancy
      Nancy Bow, NH
      Suzanne Maras I pour a little pure acetone (nail polish remover) in the jar and let it set for about 1/2 hr. It dissolves the glue like magic!
  • Jenny Cox
    Jenny Cox Wells, MN
    I just put low candles in a slow oven, like 170 degrees and let the wax melt, and smell up my house, then pour it out. Wipe any remaining wax out with a paper towel. Stabbing, and Jabbing can be dangerous!
  • Tillie Liukkonen
    Tillie Liukkonen Merrimack, NH
    After the wax is out, run through the dishwasher. Gets the last of the scent out.
Melissa @ Two It Yourself