Galvanized Chicken Feeder and Mason Jar Repurposed Into Lamp

13 hours ago

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
I always seem to be drawn to galvanized chick feeders when I see them at a flea market or yard sale. (you can buy them brand new at a feed store too) I hung onto this feeder for a while until inspiration hit. Why not put a light in it and turn it into a lamp! I had a few primitive window candle lamps on hand in my stash so I took one out and took it apart and came up with a plan.
Time: 30 Minutes Cost: $8 Difficulty: Moderate
  • Here are all of the parts before
  • I carefully took the candle lamp apart and removed the metal tray part from it.
  • I used my husbands drill press to drill a hole in the middle of the bottom just barely larger than the column on the candle lamp.
  • I put the candle lamp back together after screwing the column portion of it onto the chick feeder.
  • I secured the wire down with metal tape and placed 3 rubber stick-on feet onto the bottom.
  • I played around with different decorating ideas for it and also note the low watt silicone bulb in this pic. The small chandelier bulb in the earlier pics got hot, but the silicone bulb does not.
  • I tried a clear mason jar also.

To see more:

• Fredella
    Fredella San Leandro, CA
    where can you find the lamps?
  • Sandy
    Sandy Lubbock, TX
    I am in heaven!! I have chicken feeders we used on our farm when I was a child. This is wonderful. Thanks from the bottom of my heart.
  • Adina Johnson @ Simply Country Life
    You are very welcome Sandy! What fun memories they will have when you use them in your home.
  • Tanya Horn
    Tanya Horn Beattyville, KY
    Love these!!
Adina Johnson @ Simply Country Life

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post