How to Build a GeoDome Greenhouse

Gardening 08.21.15

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
the GeoDome greenhouse:
Very unique, lightweight structure Stable in wind and under snow Optimal light absorption Has the most growing ground space A unique hang-out place An eye catcher.
Materials to use
Wood. – Screws. – Covering. – Automatic window openers and hinges for the door and the windows.
Tools needed
- measuring tape – square – pencil – safety glasses – hearing protection – drill – radial arm saw or dual bevel miter saw – level
#GeoDome #HBN
Time: 1 Month Cost: $300 Difficulty: Moderate
  • The Geodesic Dome
  • Struts, cut and ready to be assembled.
  • Geodome plan
  • Assembling the the geodesic dome
  • Kristan MacKay
    Kristan MacKay Capac, MI
    I want to get at least one of these. My brother has one for a greenhouse.
  • Sandy
    Sandy Joppa, MD
    absolutely! This is wonderful and I want one. Well done
  • Jossi
    Jossi Bradford, VT
    I've built the domes using a kit from the Stromberg's Chick catalog. They sell something called the Starplate System, 13 metal plates with holes for the bolts and slots for the 2x4's.
  • Ray Phillips
    Ray Phillips Carrollton, GA
    I helped build a dome house around 1980 or so . Had a ball building it. . The best I can remember it was around 2000' I wish I had thought about it when I started building my house I am in now.
  • Shirleypoppy
    shirleypoppy United Kingdom
    would love one. How much was yours Jossi if you don't mind me asking?

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post