Hometalk.com

diy 04.09.14

How to Build a GeoDome Greenhouse

the GeoDome greenhouse:

Very unique, lightweight structure Stable in wind and under snow Optimal light absorption Has the most growing ground space A unique hang-out place An eye catcher.

Materials to use

Wood. – Screws. – Covering. – Automatic window openers and hinges for the door and the windows.

Tools needed

- measuring tape – square – pencil – safety glasses – hearing protection – drill – radial arm saw or dual bevel miter saw – level

#HBN

Time: 1 Month Cost: $300 Difficulty: Moderate

To see more: http://northernhomestead.com/how-to-build-a-geodome-greenhouse/

26 Comments Displaying 16 of 26 comments | See Previous
  • Awesome!!! Are you using recycled planters?
  • Patricia Routt Hodgenville, KY
    That is amazing, I love it. Thanks so much for sharing.
  • Mark Bahlke Colfax, CA
    I want one!! No! I want several! I have an acre to plant, and I want to have at least a quarter of it in greenhouse space.
  • Gretchen Alpharetta, GA
    ooh, love this! My DH is a math teacher; he loves anything geometric--I'll bet I could get him to build me one pretty easily ;)
  • Mary Himmer Blue Bell, PA
    This is so nice to know that one can be built inexpensively. There is a large one at Rodale Farms here in PA, and I had wanted one since I saw it but didn't think it possible due to cost. Perhaps after we move and get settled eventually, we will try
  • Sherrie S Debary, FL
    Not only is it so useful but it is also beautiful.
  • This is so neat!
  • Sandy Joppa, MD
    a real throw back
  • Kristan MacKay Capac, MI
    I want to get at least one of these. My brother has one for a greenhouse.
  • Sandy Joppa, MD
    absolutely! This is wonderful and I want one. Well done
  • Jossi Bradford, VT
    I've built the domes using a kit from the Stromberg's Chick catalog. They sell something called the Starplate System, 13 metal plates with holes for the bolts and slots for the 2x4's.