Super Easy Ring Clip Valance

Decorating ideas 02.22.15
I wanted custom looking curtains for my kitchen without the hassle of adding complicated trim. A strip of contrasting fabric added to the top and bottom of a lined rectangle and a few clips did the trick!

To see more: http://www.exquisitelyunremarkable.com/2014/01/easy-ring-clip-curtains.html

• Jennifer Hardy
    Jennifer Hardy Alexandria, VA
    I made these for our kitchen! "Sew" simple! Found black rods and pinch clips at Walmart.
  • Marcy
    Marcy Rogers City, MI
    Kim, I so enjoyed your beautiful valance, what a lovely idea. I also like red and use it as accents in my kitchen. I like the way you took us through the process of completing your look. The posts and responses were interesting to read too! You're
  • Exquisitely Unremarkable ~ Kim
    Thanks so much Marcy! I replied on the blog that I would try Craigslist if you are looking for a cheap or free machine...and if you are not going to stitch the valances, the iron on tape works great! :)
  • Sandy
    Sandy Salem, OR
    LOVE THIS! I used the clips and simple rods on curtains in my living room since I open them in the daytime to let in light and want to close them at night for privacy. I am able to close them so much better and easier than the traditional rod pocket and
    • Exquisitely Unremarkable ~ Kim
      Sandy You're so right, the possibilities are endless! I have never thought of using table runner as valances. That is very creative! I often see them, with their pretty patterns, but
  • Linda Cummings
    Linda Cummings Murfreesboro, TN
    I just found your blog today. Thanks for sharing your great ideas. Love these 'chicken' curtains! LC
Exquisitely Unremarkable ~ Kim