Best Looking Dewey Decimal System Ever!

08.25.14
Hubby grabbed this index catalog cabinet at the local flea for $60.09! I was a little taken back...the veneer was peeling and a lot of wear. (Sorry no before pics...). But I cam home and he had already replaced veneer and filled in spots and had made his own yellow chalk paint from an oops can from Home Depot! It was bright to say the least! I got to work with AS clear and dark wax and the transformation was better than I had imagined! I loved it! I kept the hardware plain because I wasn't sure what or how to change the metal...but here is finished piece with some during the process.
  • Annette C
    Annette C Shreveport, LA
    what a great find! love those little drawers don't you... (well it is your's) Your finished piece is the top one? I like the aging you have done with the dark wax, yellow's not my favorite color but what you have done with the aging makes this piece stunning, even if it's yellow, lol
  • Miriam I
    Miriam I New York, NY
    What an awesome find. Lucky you! Love what you did with it.
  • Cynthia E
    Cynthia E Daleville, AL
    love it -- i so want 1 of these for all my bead storage
  • Carrie Walsh Winchell
    Carrie Walsh Winchell Grants Pass, OR
    We have one of these in our garage, guess I should put it back together and utilize it!
  • Sabrina Goodson
    Sabrina Goodson Idyllwild, CA
    LOVE it!!!! You did a great job!! I want to find one!! I have wanted one for a long time!!
Julie Moyna