How To Make Decorated Clay Pots for Spring

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
I’m ready for Spring, so I decided to decorate some clay pots with paint and chalkboard stickers. Fresh herbs in my windowsill makes me happy. See how to make your own #MPinterestParty #DIY #Spring #ThinkSpring #SpringFever
  • Get ready for Spring and decorate your own clay pots with paint and chalkboard stickers.
  • What you need: Clay pots. I used 6″ clay pots. Martha Stewart Crafts Gesso –...
  • Using a dry paintbrush, lightly brush white gesso around the outside of the pot, below the rim. Brush lightly and add layers, letting each layer dry in between.
  • 2. Repeat the same technique for the rim of the pot using Beetle Black Paint. 3. Seal with Martha Stewart Crafts Satin Finish.
  • Using your marker, write your herb tags and attach your stickers to your pots.

To see more:

• Diane Frisco
    Diane Frisco Jacksonville, FL
    where did you get the labels?
  • Wanda.ll
    Wanda.ll Conroe, TX
    Let me tell you a secret. If you want your pots to last you have to paint the inside with a polyuerthane(sp) of some kind( heavy duty thick coat). The moisture from the dirt will cause all the paint to pop off. Now if you don't water the plant it might
  • Crystal Stagner Martin
    Where do you get the chalkboard labels at? I would love them for my kitchen containers. Would use chalkboard paint for the pots:)
  • Diane Frisco
    Diane Frisco Jacksonville, FL
    I found the chalkboard labels at Michaels.
  • Melanie
    Melanie Pontiac, MI
    Is or are these paints water proof and safe for animal use?
Laura Trevey

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post