I was challenged to post this project when Wendy emailed me! Unfortunately, our Texas weather has not cooperated the last few days and I need the sunshine to dry out my fabric. Still enthused, I got started!
Time: 3 Days Cost: $5 Difficulty: Easy
Polly's side view. I actually planned to fabric paint her and bought the medium as well as the fabric paint. I continued to research the different methods of painting when I ran across the Rit Dye website showing a fabric dyed chair. ( I have not received any compensation for this. ) I will let you know how it turns out, if the sun ever comes out..
I removed Polly's skirt to give her a more contemporary look. I placed a flat head screwdriver under each staple and lifted the staple, using a hammer on the end of the screwdriver for those difficult ones. I pulled out the staples with needle nose pliers.
I used a 1:1 ratio of dye : water . Polly was slightly damp when I began to dye her. This was an EPIC fail! The dye ran everywhere.
Used my hand to scoop it out of the corners and smooth it out.
Materials I used for this project:
- Rit Dye (Walmart $5)
- Steam Cleaner (Borrowed)
- Tide Pods (on hand)