DIY White Painted Kitchen Cabinets Reveal

DIY 3 hours ago
Information on Cabinet Painting:
When we moved into our new home, we knew that one of the first things on our to-do list would be the dated and dark 80s-era kitchen. Our goal was to have the look of a new high-end custom kitchen for a fraction of the cost. With a small budget and a LOT of elbow grease, we transformed the existing cabinets, added architectural details with trim and tile, and built my dream kitchen island. We are so happy with the results, I smile every time I walk into the room! #BudgetUpgrade #KitchenStorage #KitchenRenovation #KitchenMakeover #BeforeAndAfters See our blog post for more details!
We reduced the grain and painted the cabinets using a paint sprayer and a special paint product developed for cabinets. Get the details here:
Before: With a lack of natural light, the kitchen felt very dark and dated.
After: The kitchen feels light, bright, & airy.
Before: The small under-mount sink was difficult to work in. On the right side I couldn't even lay a plate flat.
After: We replaced the under-mount sink with a large Ikea Domsjo Sink. I LOVE this sink- it provides so much room to work!
Before: the oven door didn't shut all of the way, which was detrimental while baking- and the travertine backsplash never looked quite clean.
After: We had a propane line installed and replaced the dated range with an updated professional looking range. We also added an arabesque backsplash accent and a storage range hood.
My favorite part of our new kitchen is this island that we built. I absolutely love the marble (a Craigslist find!) and it's so great to have even more counter space!

To see more:

• Donna Woodard
    Donna Woodard Navarre, FL
    Did you paint the cabinets? If so, what is the brand and name of the color? Ty
  • Marcy
    Marcy Southfield, MI
    Absolutely amazing, so well done!
  • Paticia G
    Paticia G Clermont, FL
    love the subway tile!
  • Pat whitmus
    pat whitmus Ephrata, WA
    Looked at that sink myself! Seeing it installed has convinced me to get it. Thanx! :)
  • Kim
    Kim Boise, ID
    Very nice. Wish we had that much storage space in our cabinets. And I want one of those sinks! I do like the white but I would add more color (that's just my taste only)
Nina @ Everyday Enchanting

Search Feedback