Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

DIY White Painted Kitchen Cabinets Reveal

When we moved into our new home, we knew that one of the first things on our to-do list would be the dated and dark 80s-era kitchen. Our goal was to have the look of a new high-end custom kitchen for a fraction of the cost. With a small budget and a LOT of elbow grease, we transformed the existing cabinets, added architectural details with trim and tile, and built my dream kitchen island. We are so happy with the results, I smile every time I walk into the room! #BudgetUpgrade #KitchenStorage #KitchenRenovation #KitchenMakeover #BeforeAndAfters See our blog post for more details! http://www.everydayenchanting.com/kitchen/
We reduced the grain and painted the cabinets using a paint sprayer and a special paint product developed for cabinets.
Before: With a lack of natural light, the kitchen felt very dark and dated.
After: The kitchen feels light, bright, & airy.
Before: The small under-mount sink was difficult to work in. On the right side I couldn't even lay a plate flat.
After: We replaced the under-mount sink with a large Ikea Domsjo Sink. I LOVE this sink- it provides so much room to work!
Before: the oven door didn't shut all of the way, which was detrimental while baking- and the travertine backsplash never looked quite clean.
After: We had a propane line installed and replaced the dated range with an updated professional looking range. We also added an arabesque backsplash accent and a storage range hood.
My favorite part of our new kitchen is this island that we built. I absolutely love the marble (a Craigslist find!) and it's so great to have even more counter space!

To see more: http://www.everydayenchanting.com/kitchen/

145 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 15 of 145 comments | See Previous
  • Trina Miner @ afewmineradjustments
    This kitchen is gorgeous! It is exactly what I want to do with mine! I am so over my tan maple cabinets. Would love to paint them white and do the subway tile. Fabulous job! {Iheartblogtalk}.
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
  • Suzi
    Suzi Scottsdale, AZ
    How did you reduce the grain, and what is the special product you used?
  • Carol
    Carol Denton, TX
    Wish I had room for a center island! Even with pushing my bar out an extra 3 ft. during the last kitchen re-do in 2004, it is still too narrow for an island in the center. Best I could do was a small portable one that sits at the end of the bar counter
  • Sarah
    Sarah Collegeville, PA
    Great job! I am painting my cabinets this fall. Would you please tell me the products and paint color that you used? Its looks like I have the same color of granite that I have to work around. Thank you!
  • Sarah
    Sarah Collegeville, PA
    I'm sorry to ask another question, but did you use a standard white subway tile?
  • Centrd
    centrd Oceanside, CA
    no way that is the same kitchen! fantastic job!
  • Irene
    Irene Canada
    I've been petrified of painting our oak kitchen cabinets. You are giving me inspiration:)

What is the brand name for the paint which is perfect for covering the kitchen cabinets?

• Tim D. (The Retro Den)
      Tim D. (The Retro Den) Virginia Beach, VA
      Irene I have two twelve inch wide uppers I'll be painting today. I'll document progress and share if you like. I use Rustoleum 2X Spray paint. It dries to the touch in 20 minutes a,mnd can he used (with caution) the same day...
    • Irene
      Irene Canada
      I'm hoping you can still share the process of painting oak cupboards to white cupboards. Please email at momoffiveboys@gmail.com.
  • Irene
    Irene Canada
    Yes definitely interested on the process. Thanks so much.
  • Centrd
    centrd Oceanside, CA
    This is an amazing transformation! I'm curious...did you remove the old wall tile before installing the new? Again, just a beautiful job.
  • Angel
    angel Freehold, NJ
    THIS IS SO FABULOUS! If you don't mind me asking, how much did this whole upgrade cost? I'm thinking of doing the same :)
  • Brooke Whimpey
    What color is your wall paint?
  • TMulhern
    TMulhern Los Angeles, CA
    Amazing work! Very beautiful kitchen. I like the white cabinets and the backsplash. Great transformation.
  • Hagar
    hagar Israel
    Wow, look great how can I do the same with my kitchen?
Nina @ Everyday Enchanting

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing