DIY White Painted Kitchen Cabinets Reveal

19 hours ago
When we moved into our new home, we knew that one of the first things on our to-do list would be the dated and dark 80s-era kitchen. Our goal was to have the look of a new high-end custom kitchen for a fraction of the cost. With a small budget and a LOT of elbow grease, we transformed the existing cabinets, added architectural details with trim and tile, and built my dream kitchen island. We are so happy with the results, I smile every time I walk into the room! #BudgetUpgrade #KitchenStorage #KitchenRenovation #KitchenMakeover #BeforeAndAfters See our blog post for more details! http://www.everydayenchanting.com/kitchen/
We reduced the grain and painted the cabinets using a paint sprayer and a special paint product developed for cabinets.
Before: With a lack of natural light, the kitchen felt very dark and dated.
After: The kitchen feels light, bright, & airy.
Before: The small under-mount sink was difficult to work in. On the right side I couldn't even lay a plate flat.
After: We replaced the under-mount sink with a large Ikea Domsjo Sink. I LOVE this sink- it provides so much room to work!
Before: the oven door didn't shut all of the way, which was detrimental while baking- and the travertine backsplash never looked quite clean.
After: We had a propane line installed and replaced the dated range with an updated professional looking range. We also added an arabesque backsplash accent and a storage range hood.
My favorite part of our new kitchen is this island that we built. I absolutely love the marble (a Craigslist find!) and it's so great to have even more counter space!

To see more: http://www.everydayenchanting.com/kitchen/

• Marlene Lexie Springer
    Marlene Lexie Springer Fort Worth, TX
    Did you not need the venta-hood? Everything looks clean and fresh.
  • Jayne
    Jayne Fredericksburg, VA
    So beautiful. I'm planning to paint my cabinets white.what is the special cabinet mixture and where did you purchase?
  • Linda Michalovic
    Linda Michalovic Brookfield, IL
    me too what kind of paint is it
  • Lori T
    Nice , I'm jealous of how many cabinets that you have.
  • Diana rogers
    diana rogers Church Hill, TN
    I would love to know about the paint,as well.
Nina @ Everyday Enchanting