Our Concrete Countertops

We bought our home 14 years ago and the counterparts were new but cheap material.

I have always wanted to have concrete counter tops made but they want so much money I started researching and decided I can make them myself. I decided to pour it i place so I put in re-bar and framed it right on top of our existing counter.

• I put primer on the counter so the concrete would adhere and then added re~bar and wire mesh.
  • Here I am screwing in the forms.
  • Messy job, that's for sure..
  • The sand with the wet sander was SO SO messy.
  • Finished!!
  • Yay~it's done and cleaned up..
  • Candace P
    Candace P Emmett, ID
    Very interesting. I have never heard of cocrete countertops.
  • Marion Nesbitt
    Nice job. Certainly solves problems where there are joins in the countertop.
  • Kelli
    Kelli Salt Rock, WV
    Did you do the backsplash yourself also??
  • Angelia James
    Angelia James Redding, CA
    Hi Kelli, yes, I did do the back splash. I used the same slate that we used on the floors. I just broke them with a hammer and used liquid nail to adhere them to the wall and under the bar. The next day I sealed them (because otherwise the slate would
  • TMulhern
    TMulhern Los Angeles, CA
    Fabulous job. Love your kitchen especially the countertops and the backsplashes.
Angelia James

Search Feedback