Trendy and Unique Backsplash Ideas

11.01.15
Subway tile backsplashes are beautiful, but they are also incredibly popular. What if you want a backsplash that your neighbors don't have, what are your options?

We've rounded up some of our favorite backsplashes, both trendy and one of a kind, that are not subway tile. Will they look outdated in 20 years? Only time will tell. All we know is that we love them now and would love to have them in our kitchen! See more kitchen backsplash inspiration on the National Builder Supply blog - http://www.nationalbuildersupply.com/blog/hom...

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!

• Matina V
    Matina V Everett, WA
    These are all very creative ideas. Love it.
  • Britt
    Britt Cumming, GA
    To me it looks like they painted the wall then used glass on top (more practical if you're someone [like me] who would become bored with the color after a short period of time). Plus, I'm not sure that plexiglass wouldn't be safer than glass (if you're a
    • Josephine Howland
      Josephine Howland Conway, NH
      Britt I've seen bloggers talk about this idea, and I believe that they used tempered glass, that would stand up to even my klutziness. My husband and I have talked about using WWII victory garden prints behind glass as a backsplash.
  • Charmaine
    Charmaine Pinellas Park, FL
    Put up fabric or wall paper and put up clear plexiglass over it, can use stainless steel washers and screws to attach. Looks great. Also is easier to change the look. Unscrew it and change it the fabric whenever you want!
  • SUPPLY.com
    SUPPLY.com Austell, GA
    Great idea, Charmaine!
  • Darla
    Darla Montgomery Village, MD
    If you paint the back of the glass before you put it up, it will look great! You can also use stencils to make a design on the back of clear glass, then paint a background color on top of it.
SUPPLY.com