Progress on Our Basement Renovations....Stage 1

12.28.14
We bought our first home last summer. It was in great shape, has the most gorgeous corner lot and was a good size for a starter home. The only down side of the home was it needed a little updating. We decided to start downstairs a week into buying our home. The basement is a great size and has large windows but the previous owners had redid all the carpets except the hideous blue downstairs and left the wall paneling up. We new this room would be the family/play room for us and would get used a lot so on a whim my husband just started ripping the paneling down, painting trim and walls. The renovations are still going of course. We left the carpet in and decided we'd wait til this summer to replace them, the fireplace is still in need of framing and possibly a white wash effect. We left the trim off the bottoms of the walls until we change the flooring. The furniture and decor is all of our leftovers we have no place for right now but like I said it's only stage one and still needs tons of editing and that will all change but I wanted to share the progress thus far. I'm just excited the wood paneling is down and walls are painted. You can see more on the blog...http://quirkycool.blogspot.com/2014/03/progress-on-our-basement.html
  • Stage 1 of soon to be many of our fun basement/family room renovations.
  • I am planning to white wash the fireplace and add white crisp drapes. The table and all furniture will change but until I get a better idea how I want to lay this space out this furniture will work for now.
  • Still need new carpet, curtains, and furniture but it's progress and has sure brightened the room.
  • A mural I painted for the side of the basement that will be dedicated to my girls with a homework station and book nook. Eventually....
  • I love poppy art and I always add my kids art work through out my home. The sofa table my sister painted for me.
  • The big screen my husband and I actually built for a fraction of the cost. The link on that tutorial is in the link to my blog post above.
  • Up close of the mural I did.

To see more: http://quirkycool.blogspot.com/2014/03/progress-on-our-basement.html

Kimberly Noelle