Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

Progress on Our Basement Renovations....Stage 1

We bought our first home last summer. It was in great shape, has the most gorgeous corner lot and was a good size for a starter home. The only down side of the home was it needed a little updating. We decided to start downstairs a week into buying our home. The basement is a great size and has large windows but the previous owners had redid all the carpets except the hideous blue downstairs and left the wall paneling up. We new this room would be the family/play room for us and would get used a lot so on a whim my husband just started ripping the paneling down, painting trim and walls. The renovations are still going of course. We left the carpet in and decided we'd wait til this summer to replace them, the fireplace is still in need of framing and possibly a white wash effect. We left the trim off the bottoms of the walls until we change the flooring. The furniture and decor is all of our leftovers we have no place for right now but like I said it's only stage one and still needs tons of editing and that will all change but I wanted to share the progress thus far. I'm just excited the wood paneling is down and walls are painted. You can see more on the blog...http://quirkycool.blogspot.com/2014/03/progress-on-our-basement.html

To see more: http://quirkycool.blogspot.com/2014/03/progress-on-our-basement.html

31 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 15 of 31 comments | See Previous
  • Dana Corby
    Dana Corby Anderson Island, WA
    It's so bright and cheery -- and cozy. Love the poppies, of course. And as a suggestion, consider keeping the white sofa and slipcovering the leather pieces to match -- with all that color the white looks fabulous, and in a family room there's nothing
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
    • Kimberly Noelle
      Kimberly Noelle Cheyenne, WY
      Dana Corby Thank You. It's far from done and needs tons of editing but it's come along way since the wood paneling and white walls. I have debated about the chairs whether to sell them or not
  • Sandy Eck
    Sandy Eck Woodville, OH
    I love your basement, and what you did with it. Your mural is beautiful to. Good job.
  • Debra Smith
    Debra Smith Oklahoma City, OK
    What brand and color is you wall paint? I love that paint!
  • Euni Moore
    Euni Moore Colorado Springs, CO
    Here is another "love" for the poppies. What an amazing job you did
  • Jane H
    Jane H Marble, NC
    Love the poppies and I would not only white wash the fire place I would paint or white wash the lumber that looks like a frame around it- pretty-
  • Audra Mason
    Audra Mason De Soto, KS
    LOVE the COLOR pallette, LOVE, the COMBINATION of your elements. I could live in this room even though in and of themselves, I would not have chosen a lot of the things...but they look awesome together. Not everyone pulls that off.
  • Cher D
    Cher D Elyria, OH
    loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • Karen B
    Your mural is awesome.
  • Jude
    Jude Staunton, VA
    Love your area rug and the colors in it, really gives a nice pop of color, looks nice.
  • Ri-Lee
    Ri-Lee Munford, TN
    This is just all to busy for me. Way to much color. I think it would look a lot better, if you toned it down.
  • Misty Risko
    Misty Risko Summerfield, FL
    I think this is my most favorite room transformation -ever. I love everything about it especially the mural. Wow, looks like a room I want to come home too!
  • Audra Mason
    Audra Mason De Soto, KS
    Keep the chairs if they are comfy becasue if you replace them with smaller ones, your loved ones will miss those chairs. I have a chair I dislike but my husband loves it so I KEEP IT.....COMFORT is what a basement is for. Tone down what? It is a lot of
Kimberly Noelle