My Under $500 Bedroom Makeover Challenge

bedrooms 03.16.15
You might think making over an entire master bedroom for under $500 is challenging, When you see the before you'll think it impossible. Thankfully, it wasn't! #bedroommakeover #masterbedroom #bedroomremodel #diy Find all the details and products sources here: http://www.southernrevivals.com/2014/03/500-... #BudgetUpgrade
Time: 4 Days Cost: $485.00 Difficulty: Easy
Our under $50 faux board and batten wall treatment in lieu of a headboard really dresses things up.
This is the hot mess we were working with BEFORE.
Why do what are suppose to be our most comfortable space always seem to be the ones that get neglected?
I kept the "base" of our room (walls, bedding, etc.) neutral then added interest with pops of color, texture and metal accents.
Mixed in modern with vintage - that old cedar chest belonged to my great grandmother.
An amazing improvement for under $500!

To see more: http://www.southernrevivals.com/2014/03/500-master-bedroom-makeover.html

• Infradetect
    make the bed and pick stuff up off the floor ... it's an incredible thing ... and it's FREE!!!
  • Nancy @ ArtsyChicksRule
    Nancy @ ArtsyChicksRule Virginia Beach, VA
    So beautiful, bright and cheerful! What a difference! Love the fixtures and the board & batten. Looks fabulous.
  • Susan Blondin
    Susan Blondin Grand Blanc, MI
    Me likely!
  • A Turtles Life for Me
    A Turtles Life for Me Elizabethtown, PA
    I just LOVE this! We're re-doing our bedroom right now and this is a long the lines of the look I'm going for! Great job!
  • Marion Nesbitt
    Sorry. Don't find white relaxing, especially in bedrooms. Liked the soft caramel wall colour, and lamps. Would have just added a headboard (can be made cheaply), metal rods with clip rings for the curtains (also inexpensive). If $ in budget, would have
  • L
    L Big Lake, MN
    I love the change. Just the light, airy look with sprouts of color, made the differance. Forget about the before mess, she said it was stuff from the office, and went back into the proper room. Look at the bones of the room instead. I tend to change my
  • Vintage Charm Restored by Lori Young
    Jamie @ Southern Revivals it's absolutely gorgeous!! I love the board and batten treatment!! The lights... the whole room is just beautiful!!
  • Bethar
    Bethar Dade City, FL
    Looks wonderful. I would probably change one little thing. . . . . painting over or covering up the lamp cords.
  • Joy G
    Joy G South Africa
    Lovely,clean and fresh.... just hope it stays tidy this time!
  • Denie
    Denie Glendale Heights, IL
    Please tell me about faux board and batten, how did you do it?
  • Virginia R
    Virginia R Jamestown, NY
    Bethar....you should NEVER paint electrical cords! Creates a fire hazard.
  • Renee @ The Refined Relic
    Beautiful job and a very budget friendly room makeover.
  • Miu
    Miu Sodus Point, NY
    White is always better
  • Heidi Anderson
    Heidi Anderson Omaha, NE
    Very beautiful! Doesn't look like you spent only $500, looks like it was several thousand dollars! Nice job!
  • Bernie Runk
    Bernie Runk Fort Mill, SC
    I love the new change!It is so clean and fresh,,,,,,,You did good with your budget!!!!,What more could you want???I would love to sleep in that room!!!!!
Jamie @ Southern Revivals