I noticed leaves missing from my tomato plants and some droppings on the leaves. What could it be?

09.28.14
A hornworm loves tomatoes as much as I do...but I know how to stop him dead in his tracks! http://www.walterreeves.com/gardening-q-and-a...
  • Yamini LEED AP at Urbanmotifs
    Thanks Walter, I really don't want to open another discussion about how did the wasp larvae get under the skin of the caterpillar... but thanks for answering my question.
  • Vicki
    Vicki Smyrna, GA
    Hornworm caterpillars are not pretty to look at but they will become sphinx or "hummingbird" moths at adult stages that are interesting to look at them at night time. I enjoyed watching them among the flowers at night time in the past but not much lately.
  • CONSTANCE H
    CONSTANCE H Aurora, IL
    And Hummingbird moths, when you first see them, do look like a Hummingbird at first glance. I like watching them.
  • Peggy W
    Peggy W Kokomo, IN
    Thanks for the info! I forgot all about Bt!! Last year we didn't worry about it because of an influx of parasitic wasps. This year... no such luck! We started picking this afternoon but I don't think it will be enough. How long does Bt take to be
  • Myra
    Myra Granite Falls, NC
    My husband had to pull these off with pliers!
Walter Reeves