Has anyone successfully painted over a completely black room? Trim, ceiling, moulding & walls EVERYTHING!!

07.16.14
Here are a few pics of my project: a completely black bathroom transformed. Let me know your thoughts. TMW
  • completely Black bathroom..walls, moulding, trim, ceiling
  • Black shower curtain..this is a nice spacious bathroom approx 10 x10..
  • This bathroom was a nice size but the black paint made it feel like a cave
  • Updated paint and bright accessories transform the space into a beautiful bright room.
  • The owner loved Crimson Red--so I used that as my inspiration color to brighten and accent the room
  • The extra long shower curtain showcased the high ceilings. The miror over the toilet added depth.
  • A few black and white pictures add life and make the wall space visually interesting.
  • Sherrie S
    Sherrie S Debary, FL
    Tonya, you did a beautiful job. What does the rest of the home look like. I ask that because the black was sooooooooooooo bad.
  • Jonathan T
    Jonathan T Virginia Beach, VA
    Ms,Tonya what a beautiful job you done.I am a up and coming interior dercorator myself.It's my passion and I live and breath for it.I've been doing it for some time now.And hope that I can someday make it big as yourself.I love talking with new people
  • Starlett L
    Starlett L Franklin, NC
    Use a primer blocker and have at it.
  • Pam
    Pam Alexandria, LA
    I would definitely paint with Kilz primer base coat (water base). It must have been like a coffin in there.
  • Penny
    Penny Utica, NY
    to be completely honest, i like the black..only, i would have made the walls surrounding the toilet a galley wall....
TonyaM Williams