Whimsical Toadstools For Your Garden

Garden Ideas 10.22.15

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
With a little paint and some wood, salad bowls, you can make these adorable toadstools for the yard or garden. Hello, Spring!
Transforming these boring wood, salad bowls into whimsical toadstools is pretty easy. The first thing I do is paint the bowls some fun colors. This time, I chose some spring colors (last time, I chose more primary colors).
After two coats of paint, it is time to add the “spots” to the toadstools. To do this, I use a circle foam “pouncer” and some white paint. If you don’t have a foam pouncer, you could use a wine cork or just free hand some “spots” on the bowls.
I think these toadstools really start to come to life after I add the “spots”. Hello, spring colors!!
Lindsay Eidahl

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post