Hometalk.com

Are you aware of all of these "GREEN" insulation options?

Check out these planet-friendly choices that range from hemp to recycled paper and even recycled denim!

http://bit.ly/oTVMci

4 Comments Displaying 4 of 4 comments
  • Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    There are definitely great alternatives to the standard insulation options. Unfortunately, the less green stuff is typically cheaper and easier to find at the big-box stores, but the green stuff is worth a few extra bucks.
  • KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    I have to say that working with Blue Jean insulation is a complete JOY....I sound proofed a bedroom ceiling for a client a couple years ago...no itch, no mess, no bad smells. I would highly recommend.
  • Great to see all the green alternatives. I am all for it. I would love to see more contractors include lifecycle costs in their marketing that is substantiated for consumers. Unfortunately greenwashing is a part of life that good contractors have to
  • That's good info KMS. Sells at Home Depot for $6.00 a roll (18"x48"). Considerably more money but a lot of great offsets to the cost.
  • Likes

MARY T Lisa S