Are you aware of all of these "GREEN" insulation options? | Hometalk
615 Views
3

Are you aware of all of these "GREEN" insulation options?

615 Views
3
Check out these planet-friendly choices that range from hemp to recycled paper and even recycled denim!
http://bit.ly/oTVMci

Have Questions About This Post?

• 3sonscrazy
    3sonscrazy Fort Collins, CO

There are definitely great alternatives to the standard insulation options. Unfortunately, the less green stuff is typically cheaper and easier to find at the big-box stores, but the green stuff is worth a few extra bucks.

• KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO

I have to say that working with Blue Jean insulation is a complete JOY....I sound proofed a bedroom ceiling for a client a couple years ago...no itch, no mess, no bad smells. I would highly recommend.

• Kevin M. Veler, Law Office of
    Kevin M. Veler, Law... Alpharetta, GA

Great to see all the green alternatives. I am all for it. I would love to see more contractors include lifecycle costs in their marketing that is substantiated for consumers. Unfortunately greenwashing is a part of life that good contractors have

• AK Complete Home Renovations
    AK Complete Home... Marietta, GA

That's good info KMS. Sells at Home Depot for $6.00 a roll (18"x48"). Considerably more money but a lot of great offsets to the cost.

­