Are you aware of all of these "GREEN" insulation options?

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
Check out these planet-friendly choices that range from hemp to recycled paper and even recycled denim!

• Steve G
    Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    There are definitely great alternatives to the standard insulation options. Unfortunately, the less green stuff is typically cheaper and easier to find at the big-box stores, but the green stuff is worth a few extra bucks.
  • KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    I have to say that working with Blue Jean insulation is a complete JOY....I sound proofed a bedroom ceiling for a client a couple years itch, no mess, no bad smells. I would highly recommend.
  • Kevin M. Veler, Law Office of
    Great to see all the green alternatives. I am all for it. I would love to see more contractors include lifecycle costs in their marketing that is substantiated for consumers. Unfortunately greenwashing is a part of life that good contractors have to
  • AK Complete Home Renovations
    That's good info KMS. Sells at Home Depot for $6.00 a roll (18"x48"). Considerably more money but a lot of great offsets to the cost.
AK Complete Home Renovations

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post