Hometalk.com

07.20.11

I have a small gap opening at the bottom of my front door afer it closes.Standing away from it there is a pinhole

opening letting in air or perhaps a bug. Tthere was a small square piece of rubber weather proofing square trim there that wore out. cant seem to find that that same square rubber weatherproof trim or strip. Any suggestions? This is a double entry high end front door.
6 Comments Displaying 6 of 6 comments
  • If it's weather stripping you desire with an upper end twist, simply go to Home Depot or Lowes and get a brass adjustable door bottom with new rubber fins...if only a regular ones are available, you can get a brushed aluminum, stainless steel or brass
  • Kathy T Atlanta, GA
    Hi, thanks so much for replying to my inquiry. I was talking about weather stripping, but not sure what you mean by this - "... with an upper end twist, simply go to Home Depot or Lowes and get a brass adjustable door bottom with new rubber fins.
  • The big box stores have a a small vinyl coverd wedge insution that goes into the very corner of the door frame to seal the corners if the gap is between the door edge and the frame. They are called corner seals. I found 4 for $2-$3. The ones I found
  • I will chime in on this as well. Depending on the door type, you can purchase replacment rubber strips for the bottom of your doors, These oftethimes slide right into the door bottoms.
  • Hi again Kathy, I found a picture of a typical adjustable door sweep/insulation/draft protection strip available at all home stores for under $5 If you can't replace the nice door weatherstripping fins you have, then you can attach this to your
  • Kathy T Atlanta, GA
    thanks to everyone who answered myrequest for information. Although I am still looking for the products mentioned, I will now mark this as resolved for the moment.