Painted Mason Jar Succulent Planter

Jar 5 days ago
I love succulents! Mostly because they're about the only plant I can keep alive in my house! So, I decided to do a fun spring version of a succulent planter to brighten up the house while it's still a bit gray outside. I was inspired by the springy colors of my daughter's sidewalk chalk and oddly enough, I had all the coordinating craft paint colors on hand, so it worked out perfectly! #SpringColors #MothersDay
Cost: $9.00 Difficulty: Easy
These succulent planters are so easy to put together. I had everything on had except the succulents, which I picked up at Home Depot for a few bucks each.
I started by painting the bottoms of my jars with two coats of craft paint. I then added a little river rock and dirt inside.
Once the dirt was in, I pulled the succulents out of their containers, plopped them in the jars, and settled them in with a little more dirt.
The succulent planters are so bright and cheery on my dining room shelf! They remind me that spring flowers (outside) will be here shortly!
Create a fun, springy planter in just a few easy steps!

To see more:

• Keith B
    Keith B Iron Station, NC
    We once received a round glass table top from someone ( the table had broken). We placed it on top of a 10 gl. aquarium with some gravel dirt and sand and succulents. used cabinet door bumpers on the corners of the aquarium to allow air in. Just a little
  • Teresa Lynn Hines
    Teresa Lynn Hines Berrien Center, MI
    Wonderful idea! I'm going to do some to put in my bathroom!
  • Patricia Routt
    Patricia Routt Hodgenville, KY
    I think these are so cute, the color of Easter and spring. Like some people have said you can use your own colors and expand this really cute idea. I haven't read the negative remarks and I don't want to, but I do want to comment. We are here because we
  • Timeless Interiors
    Timeless Interiors Bluffton, SC
    Very cute idea. Thanks for sharing it.
  • CJ
    CJ Arlington Heights, IL
    Simple beauty--love your ideas! I must try to work with these lovely plants in my home! Thank you for sharing.....don't be thrown-off by loons!
The Golden Sycamore

Search Feedback