Tree Slab Lazy Susan

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
Thanks to Hurricane Irene we lost three huge oak trees in our yard. I asked my husband to cut me some slabs because I wanted to make a table but then had another idea. Wanted a lazy susan for our table but the store bought ones are so boring. This is a huge success with the kids and dinner guests. Sorry I dont have any be for pictures but I love it so much figured it was worth sharing.
Sanded down the top as best I could and then used a dark stain followed with many coats of poly.
Bought a lazy susan ring at lowes for about $10 and my husband cut a circle out of plywood and attached it to both the tree slab and plywood. (Its a metal ring)
My daughter thought we needed to add a picture of it in action. It spins great not to fast and not to slow!
Betsy Channell

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post