Modern Macramé Wall Hanging

house 05.09.16
Macramé is back!! Remember those from the 70's?? well, they are back in fashion, but with a modern twist: Here's how I made my dip-dye macramé wallhanging with a copper pipe heart: For full instructions, including how to do the basic knots, please visit my blog!
You'll need about 50meters of cotton rope, a dowel, some hand dye and some copper piping
Hang your dowel on the wall, and loop 18 pieces of your cotton rope (ca3meters long each) around the dowel using a lark head knot...
I worked my way down the wall hanging creating a variety of knots...like the half-hitch knot and the the square knot....(more instructions on the blog!)
including some diagonal half hitch knots...
I then placed the ends in a bowl of dye, and gradually, over a couple of hours lifted them out of the dye to create an ombre effect...
I let the cotton ropes dry, then continued with some more square knots before tying on my copper pipes in the middle...
I had already planned and cut the copper pipes to form a heart! A simple knot at the bottom of each one to hold them in place...
I then continued knotting with some more half-hitch knots and some switch knots...
Finally I trimmed the remaining rope diagonally...

To see more: http://nostalgiecat.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/ombre-macrame-wall-hanging.html

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!

Juneolsen