Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home
Decorating 10.06.14

How to Stencil Burlap for Personalized Home Decor.

Every one likes the Idea of having custom art. As a follow up to, up cycling Coffee Burlap with old canvas art I have made a post on stenciling coffee burlap for new art work. On my blog I give you some great step by step photos and notes to self to help you avoid mistakes I made. This is a great way to make fun and creative art for your house on a budget. What better way to make a Green Earth day Gesture than to up cycle.
You will need: A design Idea, Freezer paper, a way to cut your design out of the freezer paper ( I cover some Ideas on my blog), scissors, Iron, paint, hot glue gun , glue sticks, clamps , scrap canvas, drop cloth, stencil brush or paint brush,And a little time.
This is a fun project and the sky is the limit..House number or Monogram sign...Front porch rules, childs names...powder room.....or your favorite silhouette....Join me at Red tin Inn to get you started.

To see more: http://redtininn.blogspot.com/2014/04/stenciling-burlap.html

2 Comments Displaying 2 of 2 comments
  • Jan Julius
    Jan Julius Davenport, WA
    Nice idea for a gift!
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
Sherri C