DIY Faux Carriage Garage Doors

WOW It! 18 hours ago
I love the look of carriage garage doors, but unwilling to spend the money on adding windows and the hardware I found a way to DIY. I used vinyl cut on my Silhouette, but the process is the same with paint. Talk about adding #curbappeal on the cheap!
DIY Faux Carriage Garage Doors
Here's my garage doors 'before'. There was nothing 'wrong' with them so I was not willing to spend the money to replace them.
I taped them off using 1" painters tape so each pane would be evenly spaced at 1 inch.
Then I added panes of permanent adhesive vinyl that I cut on my Silhouette. If you don't have a Silhouette or die cut machine, this can also be done by using outdoor paint.
Here's how the first window looked when it was done.
After all the windows were installed, I added faux brackets to complete the look.
And here's a look at the before and after...it's amazing what just a couple of hours and a few inexpensive supplies can do for curb appeal. To get the full tutorial head over to Two It Yourself.

To see more: http://www.twoityourself.com/2014/05/diy-faux-carriage-garage-door-makeover.html#more

• Charl Danley
    Charl Danley Sheldon, MO
    Brilliant!!!! 6 results are available, use up and down arrow keys to navigate.Mellisa
  • Kimberly Stiglich-Myers
    I bought these for 19.99 at Home Depot.. and got the same look screwed them on.. looks like the 1,500 doors they sell at Lowes or Home Depot
    • Ann
      Ann Bellingham, WA
      What were they called at Home Depot? Faux windows? Privacy glass?
  • John Howell
    John Howell Washougal, WA
    Now you just need a cow girl on both sides.
  • Diane Serna
    Diane Serna Morocco, IN
    So theyre not windows, just the look of windows? Is that right?
  • Kristin
    Kristin Coventry, RI
    Looks great!
  • Kimberly Stiglich-Myers
    I'm sorry should of been more specific.. I already had the windows so the idea is great.. I meant the straps that she cut out of vinyl. 19.99 for the real deal straps.. and handles.. I had checked on line and they were costly.. so the ones at home depot
  • Tiffany Hancock
    Tiffany Hancock Pittsboro, NC
    My husband owns a garage door business and he was very impressed by your DIY. He thought that they were windows until I scrolled down and showed him the pics. Great job!!
  • Sue Hebert
    Sue Hebert Spring, TX
    Wonder idea and terrific job!! Looks very nice.
  • Linda Clark
    Linda Clark Woodbridge, CA
    Not just a good idea, but a neat clean job too.
  • Lisa@ Sweet Tea N' Salty Air
    Great Faux project!
  • P.j. C
    P.j. C Petersburg, IN
    Nice!
  • Kara Magee Designs
    I've seen people paint the hardware on before, but I've never seen faux windows too! I'm stealing this great idea!
  • Peggy Modglin
    Peggy Modglin Punta Gorda, FL
    I had to look twice after I read your post! These faux windows look fantastic! Great job!
  • Marion Nesbitt
    Very clever.
  • Ann @ On Sutton Place
    This is amazing! I have been pinning doors like these and just love them. Good job!
Melissa @ Two It Yourself