White Kitchen Reveal

kitchen 09.06.15
I have been dreaming of a white kitchen for years. Our previous kitchen was over 20 years old and definitely in need of some updating. With some fresh paint, new countertops and a few minor updates, we have a brand new, modern kitchen that I love!
We had our cabinets painted with Simply White by Benajamin Moore. The cabinets were taken out to be sprayed and had a total of 6 coats with the primer and paint. You can no longer see the wood grain and they are super easy to wipe clean.
There was a lot of debate as to what surface we were going to go with for our kitchen countertops, but we finally decided on quartz due to its durability and look. After a bit of a mix-up in the colors, we ended up with Stone Grey quartz from Caesarstone. It ties in nicely with the grey in the marble subway tile backsplash that we chose.
For a little comparison, here is a photo of the kitchen BEFORE.
We are definitely happy with the end result!

To see more: http://www.cleanandscentsible.com/2014/05/white-kitchen-reveal-2.html

• Christine Woodruff
    Christine Woodruff Tarpon Springs, FL
  • Priscilla
    Priscilla Morganfield, KY
    I love the white, and always have. Some kitchens are so dark and depressing, but yours makes me smile and says 'welcome'.
  • Mary Davis
    Mary Davis Brewer, ME
    Did you spray the cabinets yourself or hire it out? If hired out, how did you locate a company that sprays?
    • Jennifer Lifford
      Mary Davis - We definitely hired out to have the cabinets sprayed! Many of the kitchen cabinet stores {that supply new cabinets} also do re-finishing of older cabinets. They are so smooth and wipe down way easier than the old cabinets did.
  • Bev Kent
    Bev Kent Canada
    bright and inviting
  • Lisa
    Lisa Portland, OR
    Looks good just the floors should have been updated too with maybe ceramic tile.
    • Jennifer Lifford
      Lisa - The floor probably wouldn't be my first choice if I could pick out a new one; however, it will be YEARS before replacing the floor would ever be in the budget. :) It's all solid hard wood and extends through most of our house.
  • CC
    CC Battle Creek, MI
    Looks like a brand new house...great job!
  • Pam Lange
    Pam Lange Chesterton, IN
    Absolutely beautiful! What good taste you have!
  • Eileen Kuzak Knapp
    You did a very nice job. I like the white because it makes the room so bright!
  • Robin Hauser T
    Robin Hauser T Madison, ME
    I like the kitchen both ways!! But I have to admit the white makes it so much brighter !! Been wanting to do something with my oak cabinets...
  • User
    User Boca Raton, FL
    Love it!
  • Sherra swailes
    Sherra swailes Long Beach, CA
    Looks so bright and clean now! Love it!
  • Joanne Menke
    Joanne Menke West Henrietta, NY
    Beautiful! I am about half way done painting our old oak cabinets with Annie Sloane chalk paint, painting and waxing and polishing all the hardware! I love it.
    • Jennifer Lifford
      Joanne Menke - Wow!! Good for you for doing that! I have used the chalk paint before too and I am sure your result will be beautiful!
  • Livin L
    Livin L Lanesboro, MA
    Love the kitchen, I'm not a white person tho...bright, yes, but gets dirty so fast and easy!
  • Gail Sampson
    I liked the way it was before.. Sorry dont like all white cupboards etc.
  • Wendy
    Wendy Aurora, CO
    You must love cleaning all day.......
    • Jennifer Lifford
      Wendy - They are actually much easier to wipe down than my old cabinets and I haven't noticed any extra cleaning. :)
Jennifer Lifford

Search Feedback